005. The Tawi Fleet and the Demon King's Deployment

A total of 29 favorites...! And even error reports...! Thank you all very much!

...But the votes aren't increasing... I wonder why.

Regarding the chapter's title, of course, the "Demon King" does not refer to Nosgorath.

- Red October

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 20 Month 4 Year 1639 Central Calendar, 13:00

Qua-Toyne, capital of the Principality of Qua-Toyne

Prime Minister Kanata and the members attending the political council meeting were all in a somber mood.

About a week ago, on Day 12 Month 4, the Lourian army ignored repeated warnings from the Principality of Qua-Toyne and crossed the border to begin their invasion. Gim fell within the same day. Led by Commander Moizi, the entire Qua-Toynian Western Knights were annihilated, with casualties exceeding 3.500. Not only that, but the Lourian Army committed massacres, rapes, looting, destruction, and all sorts of atrocities in occupied Gim, resulting in the deaths of most of the civilians present in Gim at the time. However, some were freed from the Lourian army in Gim and brought back reports of the brutality. Taking these reports into account, it seemed that about 8.000 citizens of the Principality were lost in Gim alone. Looking at the entire western part of Qua-Toyne, casualties are estimated to reach 10.000, including both military and civilians, regardless of age or gender.

"Report on the current situation."

In response to Kanata's words, War Minister Yavin answered with a trembling voice as he broke out in a cold sweat.

"Sir! The area west of Gim is under the occupation of the Lourian army, and it is estimated that a total of more than 10.000 people have lost their lives. The total military strength of the Lourian army is over 30.000 with the vanguard alone. Spies report that more than 400.000 troops are in reserve, and when combined with reserves, the total force is estimated to reach 500.000. In addition, the number of enemy wyverns sighted during the invasion is estimated to be approximately 400 or more, some say as many as 500. In addition, it is reported that over 4.000 ships have departed from Louria heading towards us. Presumably, their target is the economic hub of Maihark. Although unconfirmed, there are rumors that the powerful Parpaldia Empire from the Third Civilization Area has provided military support to Louria, which may explain the number of wyverns and the fleet."

Kanata and the others were struck speechless.

With a population of 38 million in the Kingdom of Louria, it's natural for them to have a large infantry force, but the number of warships and wyverns is excessively high. Even if all the forces of Qua-Toyne were gathered, they could never assemble an army that large. In other words, it means there is no chance of victory for Qua-Toyne. A heavy silence enveloped the room. Everyone wore expressions of despair.

...Or so one would think, but there was about one person who seemed different in demeanor. That person was none other than Shūichi Sakai. He was attending the political council this time with Kanata's permission, seeking the latest information on the enemy's movements.

"Excuse me, may I ask a question?" Sakai raised his hand.

"Please do," Kanata granted permission.

Sakai stood up and began speaking. "I would like to express my sincere condolences to all the citizens of the Principality who lost their lives in this invasion. At the same time, I must say that we cannot forgive the atrocities committed by the Lourian army in Gim and elsewhere. Therefore, Yavin-dono, may I ask one thing?"