006. Waltz of Iron and Blood on Sea and Sky

>Finally done with school... I'm tired. But I have to write both reports and stories, so maybe I'll start by checking out Hameln.

>Story's rating bar is yellow, with 43 favorites.

>Wha!? (  Д ) ゚ ゚

>UWOOOOOOOGH (oωo)ノ゙

I ...I didn't expect it to reach this far...! Overwhelmed with joy, I finished it all at once.

Thank you very much to 正憲 for the 9 rating, mugen and GUNPEI for rating it 7, and ケチャップの伝道師 for rating it 4. Also, to everyone who favorited it, thank you very much!

Thank you for waiting, here's the first part of the action-packed section. Since it exceeds 5.000 words, I hope you understand that it's long in advance. Also, if you feel like something is missing in the depiction, I'm sorry. Your feedback in the comments section would be appreciated as a reference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 21 Month 4 Year 1639 Central Calendar, 04:45

About 20 km northwest of Maihark, off the northern coast of the Rodenius Continent

Just as the edge of the horizon began to brighten, a fleet slicing through the still-dark sea, moving swiftly westward (by the standards of this world), emerged. It was a part of the Tawi-Tawi Anchorage Fleet, a Japanese Maritime Escort Force assigned to the Qua-Toynian navy.

At the center of the fleet were two ships with flat silhouettes. They were the aircraft carriers Akagi and Kaga, the glorious 1st Carrier Division, which had once dominated the Pacific as Nagumo's task force. On the deck of the Akagi, warm-up operations for the aircraft had already been completed, and the sound of several propeller engines resonated. Below, in the hangar, a large number of fairies dressed in flight suits had gathered. Each of them held a small cup filled with Japanese sake in their hands.

"Gentlemen."

The fairy standing before the group, the leader of the first wave, began to speak. All eyes were focused on her.

"Soon, the first real battle will take place since the Tawi-Tawi Fleet moved to this world. It is our distinguished 1st Carrier Division that will spearhead this operation. There is no greater honor than this," the squadron leader spoke slowly and quietly. "The enemy consists of frail wooden ships, but there are so many of them. It seems they are already considering themselves victorious simply due to their numbers."

Suddenly, the squadron leader's tone changed, and with a growl, she raised her clenched left fist.

"But do you know what that state of mind signifies? Yes, it's arrogance! They are getting ahead of themselves. They believe there's no one in Qua-Toyne's fleet who can defeat this fleet. But that very belief is their arrogance and their downfall! Our job is to throw cold water on their heads, and while we're at it, stab a sword on them too."

A slight laughter emanated from the fairies. It ceased as the squadron leader waited, then she raised her voice again.

"Let's show those arrogant bastards from the Lourian fleet the strength of the Qua-Toynian navy and the Tawi-Tawi Fleet!"

"WOOOOOOOOAAAHHH!"

The fairies, too, raised their clenched fists in unison.

"The enemy fleet's position information has already been received from the Saiun. Now, let us go. Cheers to the victory of the Principality of Qua-Toyne and the glory of the 1st Carrier Division!"