010. Gim Returns to Qua-Toyne Once Again

Favs have finally reached 80...! Thank you all for your continued support!

Rating 6,62... Hm, seems the rating dropped... It's indeed difficult to create a work that appeals to everyone. Thank you, ガガギゴ, for giving a rating of 4.

Now, as announced, in this chapter, the Qua-Toynian and Tawi-Tawi forces will turn to counterattack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 29 Month 4 Year 1639 Central Calendar, 10:00

Qua-Toyne, Principality of Qua-Toyne

As usual, the political council meeting was underway with Prime Minister Kanata leading the usual members gathered for the conference. However, Sakai is not present at this meeting. This is because Sakai, known for his combat style of "When in battle, the general must be at the forefront of the allies," is leading the frontline command. Nevertheless, Sakai has submitted a detailed report.

"This concludes the outcome of the battle west of Ejei," Nou, who was invited as a witness, delivered the report.

"........."

Nou's oral report, along with the content written in the report, was so utterly bizarre that everyone present was left speechless.

"Nou, did you not see how the Japanese army deployed high-powered explosive magic?" War Minister Yavin questioned after regaining his composure.

"Well, I did see, but... their magic is so far removed from our common sense that I simply couldn't understand. As far as I could see, they had first set up an obstacle about 800 meters outside the position. This consisted of two stakes in the ground at some distance from each other, with what looked like a thin silver thread wrapped around the stakes. However, I don't think it was pure thread, because there is no way that thread can prevent a horse. It must be a very hard thread."

Nou began to explain. What Nou just described, of course, referred to a barbed wire.

"I see. And then?"

"They used it as a marker for their magic. They had something like a metal rod with wheels pierced with a metal plate placed on the ground, seemingly for the launch of magic. Several people were always moving behind the rod, approximately four people, so it appears to be a type of combined magic. As for the firing process, first, they inserted something black behind the metal rod, which is likely the magic stone. Then, two people among the several would stand on each side of the metal rod. This seemed to signify the completion of the launch preparation. Shortly after people took their positions, there was an immense sound from the front of the rod, and white smoke and flames burst out momentarily. This seemed to indicate the completion of the launch. In the instant after that, a violent explosion accompanied by intense flames occurred in the direction the metal rod was pointing, and slightly away from it. From what I observed, it reached a distance of about 2 kilometers. That sums up the entire firing process. The magic stone appears to be disposable, as they would refill the black object each time before firing."

"Well, that's quite an incomprehensible magic..."

Yavin also seemed at a loss. Despite listening to the explanation, his response was, "I see, I have absolutely no idea."

"Besides that, they were using another type of magic. One person would hold in front of their face what seems to be an excessively long, metal rod-like object with both hands. Presumably, that's a staff. The staff is over a meter long. From there, they emit flames and a small amount of white smoke, defeating enemy infantry several hundred meters away. It seemed they could even pierce through shield-bearing heavy infantry, as they refilled the magic stone behind the metal rod after firing five shots."