009. Striking the Enemy without Leaving the Base

H-hold on!? 75 favs, really!?

Thank you so much!! But seriously, everyone, you're way into this Summoning Japan thing...

Or perhaps, do you all just have a lot of patriotism? Well then, I must live up to that! O7

So, from now on, it'll mainly be land battles. Now then, I've given you a line from a certain online game that mimics World War II, can you find it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 28 Month 4 Year 1639 Central Calendar

Lourian Eastern Conquest Army Vanguard Camp, Near Ejei, Principality of Qua-Toyne

As a resolution of a meeting in the command center of the Kingdom of Louria's army, information stating that "the navy and wyvern force suffered a major defeat off the coast of the Rodenius Continent, losing 70% of their fleet and all but 30% of the wyverns," was kept under strict information control to avoid risking a decrease in morale on the front lines, except for senior military officials such as the King and General Patagene. However, despite plans to rest in Gim while procuring provisions and then launch a quick assault, sudden shifts in strategy such as fortifying Gim and reductions in supplies allocated to the wyvern force caused unease among the frontline soldiers, who were unaware of the situation.

One of the units standing at the forefront, the vanguard of the Lourian Eastern Lords, was shaken. Among the elite Hawk Knights, the 100 riders of the 15th Cavalry Squadron, who were engaged in reconnaissance ahead of the main force, suddenly disappeared. In land warfare, cavalry is a formidable force second only to wyvern riders, alongside archers. Their mobility on horseback is unparalleled except by wyverns, allowing them to deploy rapidly and break through enemy lines or conduct reconnaissance with ease. The disappearance of a hundred cavalry in one fell swoop is difficult to fathom, even if surrounded by a large enemy force. One would expect at least some to return. Something is not right.

"Don't you find something strange? Are we really fighting against the demi-humans of Qua-Toyne? What do you think, Mage Washuna? Share your thoughts."

Count Junefila, commander of the Eastern Lords' vanguard, asked for the opinion of the man beside him.

"Yes. Since there are no survivors who witnessed the scene, the details are unclear, but there was no magical activity detected. Therefore, it is presumed that there was no use of creatures with high magical powers like wyverns or powerful magic. However, then the question arises: how could a hundred cavalry disappear without a trace? I simply cannot imagine it. However..."

"Yes?"

"I have heard that the Parpaldia Empire possesses a weapon called a magic cannon. It is said to launch objects that explode using magic. If it could be fired without using magic, theoretically, incidents like this could occur."

Upon hearing this, the Junefila was astonished.

"Oh, my! Do the major powers really possess such weapons!? Remarkable."

"However, the method I mentioned is purely theoretical. In reality, without using magic, it's limited to launching lightweight objects like arrows. Heavy objects cannot be launched. Moreover, I find it hard to believe that Qua-Toyne can do what our country cannot. So, I think the disappearance of the cavalry squadron this time can only be attributed to some kind of abduction."

"That doesn't sound very realistic."

"However, the fact remains that a hundred cavalry are missing. We should be cautious and consider it as an enemy attack."