9 - Immortal

Inside the Red Gate, the air grew colder by the second. Jin-Woo, Crimea, Kim, Song-Yi and Heejin were the only ones that managed to stay alive, this sure was going to be in the news all over the Seoul, as a disaster, for the White Tiger Guild and especially for the families of those eaten pretty much still alive.

The environment started to distort, vanish. And Jin-Woo alongside the others knew that they needed to get to the portal quick. Jin-Woo and Kim hopped onto Tank, while Crimea used the blood from Baruka alongside the 'Fiend' sign to create a large wolf made of blood, who served as a mount, quicker than Tank.

The portal was already disappearing, but with one last jump, they all made it out.

Crimea absorbed the blood hound while Sung Jin-Woo retreated Tank, Heejin and Song-Yi were caught by Kin before both fell. Kim put both down gently and then returned his arms back to their normal appearance. Crimea sighed in relief, but then felt something moving on his chest area, inside his jacket pocket.

He then remembered, Nu was still there!

Before Crimea could even start to get worried, Nu's tiny head sprung out, looking around excitedly, making his usual sounds. Kim smirked and poked the bird's head. "Still there?" He chuckled, crossing his arms.

Heejin approached Jin-Woo and swallowed, before speaking out. "Y-You know... You should join us! Become member of the Tigers!"

Jin-Woo brushed her aside and put his dagger down. "I refuse." He responded, looking at the approaching black car.

Crimea and Kim noticed it too, and turned to it. The bright lights forced Crimea to look away for some time before his eyes adapted.

From the mysterious car, a tall and muscular man in a suit left, followed by a smaller and leaner one, with yellow highlights on his brown hair.

Heejin immediately recognized both figures. It was Baek Yoonho, Boss of the White Tigers guild, A S-Rank Hunter known for his sharp eyes. By his side was Kumiho Bikko, a A-Rank Hunter who served as the most loyal pawn of the Tigers.

Baek ignored Kim and Crimea, walking past them and approaching Jin-Woo.

"Sung Jin-Woo... You better have a extremely good explanation of why you 5 were the only ones who left that fucking dungeon." Baek said dangerously, his orange eyes glowing with power, his fingers pulsing with need to punch something.

The Aura of a Rank S was noticeable by miles away, and this was the first time both Crimea and Kim felt something like it.

Sung Jin-Woo remained calm and refused to look at Baek's eyes. "I don't have to answer. It should be pretty obvious that they all died." He explained.

Baek gritted his teeth and his aura only got more intense. "You little arrogant brat..." He whispered with authority expressed on his deep voice.

Jin-Woo unleashed his own aura, putting a surprised look on Baek's arrogant face. He didn't even needed to say a word and Baek made way for him. To Baek's sharp eyes, he noticed how Jin-Woo's shadow moved eerily, filled with a hunter intent.

Heejin sighed and approached her leader. "Ignore him..." She said, putting a hand on Baek's shoulder. She then turned to Bikko, and saw him circling Crimea.

While Baek was entertained with Jin-Woo, Bikko was provoking Crimea arrogantly. "It took so long! Oh, i forgot... You are another Shit Rank Hunter, aren't you? So shit it couldn't clean a fucking red gate before every rookie was dead!" Bikko's voice was dangerously filled with both rage and disdain.

Crimea ignored him and tried to walk away, only to be stopped by Bikko's stretched arm. Kim took a step closer, pissed off, but Crimea shook his head, putting the dragon at ease.