0 - The Beginning

- Seoul, 13:20pm -

"That's right Amy, I'm now in the local where 34 Class-D hunters were found dead, according to the investigators the supposed Rank 'D' Dungeon turned out to be a Rank B." The news reporter said, with his back to the black bags that covered the bodies. "2 of those hunters managed to survive, and explained to us, 'Hunting Papers', that it was when they opened a secret passage that they discovered the danger they were in..."

"Turn that off" A powerful, and experienced, voice echoed through the room. It was Go Gun-Hee, the former Korean S-Rank Hunter and the Chairman of the Korean Hunters Association. "How did we let the reporters in?" He asks, tired from the enormous stress of sending what happened to the hunters families.

"Seems like it was a breach in security, we are low in numbers too with all these 'incidents' happening." One of the men in the room said, standing up, ready to start a speech.

"Sit" Go Gun-Hee interrupted, folding his hands "Don't start with the speeches now. Maybe later". The man just nodded and sat back down. "Thanks... Now, did someone met up with the survivors?"

"I did, sir!" Another man said, standing up. "Apparently they decided to 'retire', i tried to convi-"

"They made the right choice." Go Gun-Hee said, standing up as well. "Being a hunter is not for injured hearts, it pains me to know we lost more fighters... But maybe, we will be able to extract something good from all this... I hope" He said, turning around and watching the City through the big window. The rest of the men excused themselves.

- 2 weeks later, Noon's House -

It's 07:00 am, the sunlight beams through the windows, illuminating the simple building.
Noon Makawa, mother of two teenagers, raises from her bed, walking slowly to the kitchen, however once reaching the small kitchenette, she sees her son, Crimea, already doing breakfast.

"Crim..." Makawa says, in a tired voice, rubbing her eyes.

"What?" He asks, turning to her, while placing a plate with a piece of freshly cut bread, accompanied by some ham and a hot cup of coffee, on the counter.

"You're up early... Did something happen?" The mother asks, worried, but also curious.

"Besides Maki? Nah, nothing" He responds, woken up by his sister's snoring. His scarred hand reaches to help his mom sit down. "I made you bread" He adds, putting the plate in front of her.

"You've grown so sweet" She giggles, taking a sip of the hot coffee. "My friends always said teenagers were trouble, this is my favorite phase of motherhood." She adds, with a smile on her sunken cheeks.

"Oh yeah?" He raises an eyebrow, stretching his arms right after.

"Of course! Now my son does my breakfast and all" She says, savoring the taste of the simple dish.

"Yeah, yeah... Anyways, shouldn't Maki be at school now?" He says, pointing to the old clock on the wall.

"Oh..."

"Maki!" The mother calls out loudly, getting up from the chair. But, to her surprise, her son stopped her and put her back on the seat. "I'll wake her up" He says, nodding and then walking to his sister room.

...

"Mmmhmm... What time is i-!"

"Maki" Crimea says, already inside the room and throwing the blankets away. "You're late"

"The fuck?! Knock on the door next time!" She shouts, grabbing the blankets and covering herself again. "Weirdo~"

"Yeah, yeah. Just move your lazy ass and go to school" He says, crossing his arms.