When he forgot your anniversary Part 2

Ryu Shi-oh & Female reader

"Say something. No, yell at me," he said, and put your hand against his chest. "you can even hit me," Shi-oh said, pleading in his eyes. "please, just do something." 

"I don't want to yell at you," you sniffled, wiping off the rest of the tears yourself . "and I definitely don't want to hit you. I just-" you looked at him and only then noticed the dark circles under his eyes. Did his face get slimmer too? "When was the last time you slept?"

He looked a bit taken aback by your question, considering he was begging you to hit him like a second ago. "To be honest I don't know, but I took some naps at the office when I didn't have a meeting. that's not import-,"

"When was the last time you ate?" you interrupted him again

His eyes softened because there was no way he just stood you up on one of the most important days of the year, and you were asking him about his well being. "I don't know."

I don't know. hearing those words from someone that you love is heartbreaking. How did you not notice how exhausted he was before?

"Oh, Shi-oh," you said, tearing up again. "Why didn't you tell me, I would've bought you some food."

"I know, but I didn't want to burden you. I knew I'd be fine," he said, voice gentle. "besides, that's not important now. let's talk about how big of an asshole I am," he grabbed your face in both of his hands, tilting it more upwards.

"How can you say it's not important?" you murmured, nuzzling your face further into his palm. "I don't think I've ever seen you without food for longer than an hour

"Hey, I don't eat that much" you couldn't help but giggle at his words, and seeing Shi-oh face lit up at your, albeit quiet, laughter, you felt the anger leaving you for good.

Maybe you were too selfish? all you lived for the past week was the date, but in the process you managed to somehow miss how exhausted your husband was. Yes, he did forget, but he was so overworked lately, you couldn't really blame him, right? and it wasn't like you were a saint either, you missed some dates in the past too.

"whatever you're thinking, drop it," he said sternly. "don't try to make any excuses for me. I forgot, okay? It's all my fault."

technically you knew you had every right to be furious at him, hell - an hour you cursed him out with every curse word you knew, but maybe it wasn't the time to think straight, and just give the light of you life a second chance. "I don't want to fight," you said, wrapping your hands around his wrists. "and we still have," you looked over at the clock, "two hours before midnight. we have the wine, and I think I have a pizza in the freezer."

Ryu Shi-oh shook his head in disbelief. "there's no way you're real." leaning in, he placed a peck on your cheek, filling your chest with a warm, fuzzy feeling. "you look beautiful by the way," he whispered, and put his forehead against yours. "I'm really sorry."

"I know, Shi-oh. I know," you whispered.

 I know," you whispered