"Do you hate me?"

Dad!Ryu Shi-oh & Mom!Female Reader

Mina loved being with her appa. They just were best friends. She loved making breakfast with him, walking to school with him, especially telling her teacher how her appa was her best friend. She loved telling everyone that her appa was the best friend she ever had. But there comes a time when she thinks her appa hates her. That was the time Mina had cried and told Shi-oh three words that he never thought would coke out of Mina's mouth.

"I hate you!"

It was a sunny day in Korea when Y/n had left Mina with Shi-oh so she could have a girl's day with Hana. Shi-oh was busy playing the piano.It wasn't completely finished, but he was determined to finish it

From her playroom, Mina heard her papa play a few notes and instantly dropped her Barbie's and ran to the living room where she saw Shi-oh playing. She knew the basics since apart from her piano lessons she had been taking, Shi-oh was also teaching her.

"Can I play?" Mina asked her appa, who was too concentrated on finishing his song.

"Mina, you can't. I have to finish this, it's very important."Shi-oh told his daughter. He continued pressing the keys that he thought would fit well so he failed to notice that Mina was getting slightly angry. All she wanted was to play piano with her appa.

Mina saw how Shi-oh was distracted and with her little hand, she pressed on several keys trying to make her own tune.

"Mina, stop. You can't play piano right now." Shi-oh turned to look at her. The little girl stared at her appa with then raised a finger to press a key, but Shi-oh stopped her. "No." He simply said.

She then felt tears coming out her eyes. She didn't like her appa at the moment. She would rather be anywhere. "I hate you." Mina began to cry and ran off to her playroom. She slammed the door shut and crawled into her princess castle play tent. Inside, she had made it her own little home. She had her stuffed animals, dolls, pillows and blankets. She laid down on top of all her blankets and pillows, hoping her mother would come home soon

About an hour later, Y/n had arrived. She set her shopping bags down by the front door and noticed how quiet it was. Usually Mina would be running to her, screaming "mama's home!" but Mina was no where to be seen. Shi-oh was still sitting in front of the piano. Y/n approached him, asking him for their daughter's whereabouts.

"She ran to her playroom. She said she hates me." Was all Shi-oh said. At that moment, Shi-oh was doubting his parenting skills.

Y/n mumbled an 'okay' and walked to the playroom. Mina's fairy lights were on. Y/n quickly saw her little girl inside her princess tent. Mina was always an energetic child so it was strange for Y/n to see her calm and silent.

"Mina, what's wrong, my love?" Y/n walked to the tent and sat on the floor. She could see a couple tears still on her cheek. "appa told me you said a mean thing to him."

"appa didn't let me play piano with him." Mina replied as she snuggled up to her plush bunny.

"He said no."

Y/n sighed. "Ryu Mina, your appa was working.
I'm sure that after he was done, he would let you play. But you don't have to say you hate him just because he said no. You hurt appa's feelings."

"He hurt mine."

Now Y/n understood her mother completely.
Mina might have Shi-oh' facial features, but she had Y/n's way of talking. Little Y/n and Mina would get along so well if they ever met each other.

"You know what I do when I don't feel good?"
Mina listened to her mother. "I talk to your appa because he always makes me feel better. Let's go talk to appa." She hoped Mina would come out.

It took a few seconds, but Mina was out of her tent. "I'm sorry, mama." She said.

"You should say that to appa. He was a little upset when I got here." Y/n said as she grabbed Mina's hand and together, they walked back to the living room where Shi-oh was. He was on the sofa, staring at the ceiling, wondering if he was even a good father.

"appa?" Mina spoke, getting Shi-oh' attention.
"I'm sorry. I didn't meant to hurt your feelings. I don't hate you."

"I accept your apology, My princess . Can I have a hug?" Shi-oh asked the little girl. Mina nodded and ran to hug her father. Once in Shi-oh' arms, Mina placed a kiss on his cheek. "I love you." Shi-oh said to Mina.

" Shi-oh said to Mina