When he forgot your anniversary part 1

Ryu Shi-oh & Female reader

Ryu shi-oh was busy man, that was obvious. But one thing he was never too busy for was you. It didn't matter if it was just a can you couldn't open, or a spider that had to be killed -Shi-oh was always there for you, no questions asked. To be honest, you could call him and tell him you wanted a hug, and he'd drop whatever he was doing just so he could trap you in a bear hug for the rest of the evening. that was how whipped he was.

and now he was late.. two hours

At first you thought something had happened -you texted his assistant to ask if he knows where he was - you even checked the latest news, worried to see any updates about a car accident.

Nothing

Sitting at an expensive restaurant full of people by yourself was humiliating enough, but what bothered you even more was that it was supposed to be your anniversary dinner. Shi-oh never missed any milestone of your relationship, he even bought you small gifts on the date you had your first kiss.

Then it hit you - his location. quickly pulling your phone out of your bag, you could't believe your eyes.

He was at the company

not bothering to call your husband - it wasn't like he was answering any of your calls before, so why bother - you called the company assistant,
fiddling with your napkin that you wouldn't be probably using tonight either way.

"Hello Mrs Ryu, is everything okay?" assistant asked immediately. It wasn't often that you called the office, especially at such a late hour, so he figured something must have happened.

"Is Mr Ryu still at the office?" you hear some shuffling in the background

"um, Yes Ma'am. Do you want me to pass the call to him?" You could clearly hear the assistant's confusion in his voice, but you weren't in the "shitting rainbow and unicorns" mood, so you didn't even bother with hiding your annoyance.

"fan-fucking-tastic."

you couldn't believe he actually forgot your anniversary. you had been planning this date for such a long time now. getting a reservation at this restaurant wasn't easy, even Shi-oh had to pull a few strings and conducted some important people, so you could come here on the exact day of your milestone. you prepared matching outfits for god's sake. how could have he forgotten?

"Tell him not to come back home tonight," you said, and hung up the phone before assistant could say anything.

you spend the whole ride home trying to keep your tears from falling.you don't know what was worse - sitting in a restaurant for two hours waiting for someone who was over at his office or that the love of your life forgot about something so important.

The second you got inside your house you practically ripped off the dress you were wearing,
suddenly almost disgusted by the feel of it on your skin.your shoes joined soon after, and not even five minutes after getting back home you got changed into PJs (for once not being one of his shirts), and poured yourself a glass of wine.

"Happy anniversary I guess."

When you were about to turn off all of the lights in the living room for the night,you heard the door open and close with much more force than needed.

"Baby?baby, where are you-," he emerged from around the corner, stopping right in front of you. you took in his form - hair tousled from the wind, his suit from this morning still on and shoes on his feet, which never happened - Ryu shi-oh never wore shoes inside the house. Huh, he must've been in a real hurry to get here.

"I'm so sorry, I got here as quickly as possible," he said, a little out of breath.you had to stop the urge to laugh in his face because what the hell?

"too bad you didn't bother to show up where you really were supposed to be, Ryu shi-oh," you snickered, anger radiating off of you.your husband knew he was in deep shit the second his assistant call him and shot him a worried look, and how he would make it up to you,he had no idea.

"I know, baby-,"

"Don't call me that. you don't deserve it Ryu shi-oh," you pointed a finger at his chest.just then he noticed you got your nails done to match the design on his tie, and he could swear he died a little bit at that moment. "Do you have any idea how humiliated I felt sitting there like an idiot, waiting for my fucking husband who decided to work on our anniversary?"

"I called your company,my parents. I thought you got into an accident for fuck sake," your voice cracked at the end of the sentence, as you finally felt something than just anger. The thought of losing shi-oh wasn't something you wanted to think about on your anniversary night. "I was so excited for this, and you knew it," you took in a shaky inhale, once again feeling the tears brimming in your eyes

It took everything from you not to hug Ryu shi-oh, he looked so sad, and just so defeated, and that wasn't something you were used to seeing on your husband's face.

"There are a thousand excuses on my mind right now, but none of them will excuse my behavior," he sighed, his lower lip trembling. please don't cry, please don't cry. "I forgot," he said, straightening his back a little. "I simply forgot, and nothing I do will make up for it."

Tears clouded your eyes, and you couldn't help when they started falling down your cheeks, probably ruining the makeup you put so much effort into. If you knew you'd end up crying on your anniversary night you'd use a waterproof mascara. Ryu shi-oh hesitantly raises his hand, as if he was afraid you'd run away fé him, but when he saw you didn't move an inch, he started wiping off the tears of your face with a gentle swipe of his thumb, almost as if you were about to fall apart

 Ryu shi-oh hesitantly raises his hand, as if he was afraid you'd run away fé him, but when he saw you didn't move an inch, he started wiping off the tears of your face with a gentle swipe of his thumb, almost as if you were about to fall apart

Part 2 coming soon