Chapter: 17 Seventeen

¦¦~Pain~¦¦

~Rory ~

There is nothing else I dread more than today, the day my parents passed away. Exactly six years ago, today. I found out I lost my parents, my best friends, my everything, my world.

I have been laying on the floor of my bedroom since I realized what day it was, and crying. I needed them most when I was crying about their death, I needed their comfort and to hear them tell me it will be okay.

I hugged the dog stuffed animal Kian had swapped with me at the carnival, tightly as I cried even more.

Mira and my aunt had left to go to the graveyard to drop of flowers and visit my  parents. Every year, today my aunt always visited them and would try to bring me along but I would just spend the day crying and thinking about how life would have been like if they were still here.

I sat up and held the stuffed animal tighter, for comfort. My mind kept telling me to go and visit them over and over again.

I leaned my back on the wall and fell into deep thought of nothing as I just stared into nothing, before deciding to get up and get ready. I am going.

I picked up my phone and put it in the pocket of my sweater before walking out of my room and down the stairs.

I picked out some fresh flowers from my aunts garden before picking up my keys and walking out of the house.

I walked up to my car and opened it before getting in. I put on my seat belt and started the car then began driving.

I tried putting on some music but every song that played reminded me of the and I ended up bursting into tears and turning of the radio. Tears blurred my eyes as I drove and I wiped them away to clear my vision.

The graveyard was thirty minutes away and when I finally arrived I got out of the car and my grip on the flowers tightened as I made my way to my parents graves.

I stood infront of them and tears continued to roll down my cheeks. "Hello, mom, dad." I muttered under my breath then placed flowers on each of their graves, which already had a few fresh flowers meaning my aunt and Mira where here not so long ago.

I never really ever visited them because it was always a reminder that they were gone.

" I guess now that I am here, I can update you guys on my life lately..." I began talking about everything that has happened lately and more things.

I looked down at the floor as more and more tears ran down my cheeks and I fell silent as I continued to look down.

" Leah? "Kian began and I looked up and my eyes met his." Kian? "I questioned." Hey. "He greeted." Hey. "I greeted him back.

" Uh, what are you doing here? "I asked him as I wiped away the tears that fell down my cheeks." Visting my grandma. "He replied." She passed away today, three years ago. "He continued.

" My parents also passed away today, six years ago. "I said and looked at their graves sadly." I am so sorry. "He apologized." Why the apology? "I asked." I don't know, I feel like an apology makes things a bit better. "

" Tell me about your grandma. "I said as I wiped away my tears.

Kian looked at me with a confused look but began talking anyways." Well, she was the woman who introduced me to music. She kind of raised me and she used to be a musician in the seventies, and was in a band. And music meant a lot to her and also began meaning a lot to me too." He talked and I listened.

"She was the best and meant the world to me and I miss her." He added while looking down at the ground. "Uh...tell me about your parents." He continued and I looked up at him.

"They had..." I told him all about my parents and he listened making my day a little better.

We ended up walking out of the graveyard and sitting on the benches outside of the graveyard that overlooked a lavender filled a bit away from the graveyard.

We ended up talking about my parents and his grandma unknowingly until the sun began to set.

I rested my head on Kian's shoulder and he put his arm around my shoulders as we watched the sunset in silence. "Thank you." I thanked in and it came out as a whisper.

"For what?" He asked. "For making me smile, today." I said and I knew he was smiling.