Thirteen

Theodore Oliver

Theodore Oliver

There was a quick knock on my bedroom door, I called for the person on the other side of the door to come in. Roman peaks his head around my door and I look up from my laptop screen that had my best friend's face displayed across it. Cameron stayed quiet as my brother addressed me.

"Hey kid, the others will be here in about ten minutes so come down when you're ready." he let's me know.

I nod my head. "Where's Izzy?"

She had disappeared from my room a while ago but I had left her alone. She would only be grumpy with me if I continued to hover.

"She went for a walk with Maddox to the fields, he just wanted to make sure all the guys that were leaving for tonight were okay and the guys starting their shifts are okay."

I nodded even though I understood very little about their business. But from what I had gathered Roman ran all the administration side of their business and Maddox dealt with everything hands-on and dealt with all the workers and animals.

"I'll be down in a few minutes," I tell him, he nods closing my door behind me.

"Meeting the last brother, huh?" Cameron asks, he had heard all about how meeting my other brothers went last night.

It hadn't been terrible but it hadn't gone great either, they were surprised by the situation and so far had kept out of our way. I hadn't seen Finn or Noah once today.

"I'm not too worried about Jude," I told him, Jude had been the brother I was closest to growing up, I mean we were only a year and a half apart and if he was still the same as when we were younger he was... a lot like Isabelle.

"Are you going to tell them?" He asks, more curious than anything.

"No," My answer was quick and I was sure of myself, that was a hard pass.

"And if he does?"

"Then it has nothing to do with me." Cameron shrugs.

"Alright, tell Izz I say hi and I'm proud of her for getting back into running, it isn't an easy step." My heart swells in pride, I wasn't going to say anything but I was glad she had chosen to start running again, it had been part of her life from as long as she had been in school and I could see how much she missed it in her life.

I was going to say something to her tonight but she had already come to the decision on her own without any input from me and I had never been prouder.

"I have to go, tell the guys I say hi," it was a Friday night and the first game I had missed with the team. They had won but Cameron called me afterwards telling me how much they missed me on the ice, and I really missed them as well.

They were probably all going to dinner at the same diner like I had been doing since I was a freshman on the team. It was tradition, a tradition I was no longer apart of.