arc 3.6

As Lucas's gaze bore into Ace, Ace maintained his playful facade, though his mind raced with thoughts of how to navigate this delicate situation. He knew that the evidence Officer Lidean claimed to have was fabricated after all he was busy sleeping every day and night.

"Of course, Officer Knight," Ace said smoothly, meeting Lucas's stern gaze with a charming smile. "Let's get to the bottom of this, shall we?"

He took a sip of his tea, savoring the momentary distraction it provided before addressing Officer Lidean.

"Now, about this evidence linking me to Mrs. Herriot's death," Ace began, his tone casual yet calculated. "I must say, I'm quite intrigued. Care to share the details?"

Officer Lidean's expression remained stoic, but there was a hint of satisfaction in his eyes. He reached into his pocket and produced a USB, which he placed on the coffee table between them.

"In this USB, you'll find surveillance footage placing you at the scene of the crime on the night of Mrs. Herriot's death," Officer Lidean stated, his voice firm. "Ofcourse, everything in here is a copy, so feel free to destroy it as well we will still arrest you"

Ace raised an eyebrow, feigning surprise and completely ignoring the last few words,

"Surveillance footage, you say? Well, color me impressed. But forgive me if I'm skeptical. After all, technology can be easily manipulated, can't it?"

Officer Lidean's jaw clenched slightly at Ace's words, but he remained composed.

"Rest assured, Ace, the footage has been thoroughly analyzed by our forensic team. It's genuine."

Ace nodded thoughtfully, though inwardly he seethed at the blatant lie. He knew for a fact that he hadn't been anywhere near Mrs. Herriot's residence on the night of her death.

If he wanted her dead, why would he even bother to go by himself? He rather be a salted fish okay?

Taking another sip of the tea, ace spoke,

"And what about these witnesses you mentioned?" Ace inquired, his tone laced with curiosity. "I assume they corroborate this so-called footage?"

Officer Lidean nodded. "Indeed. Several witnesses have come forward, placing you at the scene that night. Their accounts align with the surveillance footage, further solidifying our case against you."

Ace resisted the urge to roll his eyes, instead maintaining his facade of polite interest.

"Fascinating. Truly fascinating. But forgive me if I remain unconvinced. After all, eyewitness testimony can be notoriously unreliable, can't it?"

Officer Lidean's expression darkened slightly at Ace's skepticism, but he remained steadfast.

"Be that as it may, Ace, we have other evidence as well. Traces of your DNA were found at the crime scene."

Ace's heart skipped a beat at the mention of DNA evidence, though he quickly masked his reaction with a sweet smile and continued to push officer Lidean's buttons.

"DNA evidence, you say? Oh my oh my, But once again forgive me if I'm skeptical. After all, DNA can be easily planted, can't it?"

Officer Lidean's patience was wearing thin, but he maintained his composure. "I assure you, Ace, our forensic team has verified the authenticity of the DNA evidence. It's irrefutable."

Ace sighed as he set down his tea cup,

"I applaud whoever was behind this wonderful fabrications- rather fun but iam afraid you have been played fool of officer Lidean. I was neither at the scene of the crime nor responsible for mrs.harriots death"