arc 3.7

Mr. Thompson's bold declaration left everyone in the room momentarily speechless. Even Ace, who was accustomed to his own bullshit, found himself taken aback by the sudden turn of events.

Officer Lidean's confusion was evident as Mr. Thompson's boldness caught him off guard. He exchanged a perplexed glance with Lucas before regaining his composure.

"We will, Mr. Thompson. We will," Officer Lidean replied, his tone tinged with uncertainty.

Mr. Thompson's smirk widened ever so slightly as he folded his arms across his chest, his confidence radiating through the room.

"Very well, then," he said, standing his ground with the ever so not fading smile on his face.

"But I assure you," he continued, his voice dripping with confidence

"if you proceed with this arrest based on flimsy evidence, you'll find yourselves facing a lawsuit for wrongful arrest and defamation of character. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be the reason behind your poor reflected reputation of your department after that."

The weight of Mr. Thompson's words hung heavy in the air, casting a shadow of doubt over Officer Lidean and Lucas.

They exchanged uneasy glances, silently weighing their options.

Finally, after a tense moment of deliberation, Officer Lidean gritted his teeth and nodded curtly.

"Fine," he conceded, his voice strained. "But mark my words, Ace. This isn't over. We'll be watching you."

With that ominous warning, Officer Lidean draged Lucas and filed out of the room, their frustration palpable.

Ace watched them go, even threw a farewell wink towards Lucas.

As the door closed behind them, Mr. Thompson turned to Ace with a reassuring smile.

"Well, that was certainly a close call," he remarked, his tone casual yet tinged with amusement.

Turning his attention back to the lawyer, ace smiled so sweetly that it almost seemed sinister

"Close call? I wonder why that became a close call?"

Mr. Thompson chuckled at Ace's remark, his eyes gleaming with amusement.

"Let's just say, I enjoy keeping things interesting," he replied cryptically, a mischievous glint in his eye.

Ace raised an eyebrow, a smirk of disbelief playing at the corners of his lips.

"Do keep things interesting but not with my life on line."

Phoenix, who had been observing the exchange in silence, couldn't help but let out a low whistle. "Well, that was one heck of a performance," he remarked, his tone filled with admiration

Mr.thompson was about to reply with a smile before phoenix continued quickly changing his tone to that of anger

"If your little performance hadn't worked and ace had been arrested, you're body would have been laying where you're standing right now, so think before you act next time Thompson."

Mr. Thompson slightly averted his eyes as he sweat dropped

"But it worked didn't it? So I did my job"

Phoenix was about to reply when ace waved a hand and gestured to leave the topic be, seeing that, turning to Ace, Mr.Thompson adopted a more serious expression.

"But now, we need to focus on building our defense. We can't afford to let our guard down."

Ace nodded in agreement, becoming more serious as his mind already shifting gears as he contemplated their next steps.