8. A New Warrior

It has been a few days since he started to fight with the Wendigo and both of them haven't been able to get the upper hand. And due to their immortality and increased healing factor they both can't die and so it has been a stalemate.

Right now both of them are standing apart from each other and sizing the other up. But they both knew that it won't make much of a difference as they will keep on getting back up.

"This is getting nowhere." Michael said as he looked at the Wendigo.

"Agreed. Both of us can't die. However..." Wendigo said as he got into a stance.

"It's pretty fun to go all out." Michael said with a smirk.

The Wendigo also smirked before the two of them dashed and reached the middle in a second before they delivered swift attacks as he dodged the others attacks in quick succession and with great precision as their abilities were polished due to all the fighting they have done for the few days without stopping.

Michael's body also became stronger as he reached new heights in strength and skill in the battle. Though he did need to use Chi if he wanted to damage the Wendigo as he has great durability.

The two kept on exchanging blows before he sent a very powerful punch at the Wendigo as said monster kicked him very hard. The impacts from both powerful attacks sent the both of them flying back as they hit the trees behind them and broke a few lot of them before stopping.

Both of them fell on the ground before they picked themselves up and looked at the other. Then Wendigo chuckled and Michael did the same, before the two of them laughed out loud. Not in anger or fury, but in joy and happiness at the fact that they had managed to fight someone on equal footing.

After a few minutes of continuous laughter they stopped and looked at each other, respect in their eyes for the other strength before they relaxed themselves.

"It looks like we'll have to end this here." Michael said to him with a smile on his face.

"Indeed. But I will tell you, as a Wendigo I will consume human flesh. So, if you wish to protect the humans, then you will have to kill me first." Wendigo said to him with a smile.

"I'll come back when I find a way to kill you." Michael said to him with the smile on his face.

"Then I'll wait for it." Wendigo said before he disappeared into the forest.

Michael watched the place that the monster was before he also turned around and walked away. The damage to his chest already starting to heal until it was back to normal as he walked away from there.

'I'll have to learn a lot more about the things of the world.' Michael thought to himself as he walked away.

Time skip

A hammer hit a burning metal as sparks were formed from it before the blacksmith raised the blade and dunked it in water before he looked at it and nodded to himself in satisfaction. This blacksmith was none other than Michael as he placed the blade on a hilt as he used the hot part of the blade to weld it into the hilt.

After that was done he put water on it as smoke rose from it before he looked at the sword in his hand and nodded to himself. He placed the sword on the ground as he sighed to himself.

"Well, and that completes the set." Michael said to himself as he looked at a piece of armor beside the sword.

After his meeting with the Wendigo it has been one year as he journeyed through the Earth. He had came across the Deviants and fought them before he vanished. He also came across the mutants who have now become like humans as well.

He then decided to create some armor for himself and so he ventured the place and mined metals for him to use. Made a forge, tools etc before he used the metals to create the weapon.

"Whoo, tungsten carbide sword and armor, I suppose that is a job well done." Michael said to himself with a smile.

Of course, turning tungsten into a sword and armor is no simple feat due to its high melting, which is why he had made his forge inside a volcano. Which is also why he is near a lava pit, but due to his immortality and strength he doesn't have to be that worried about dying.

After making sure that they are fine he put the body armor, forearm armor, leg armor, hip armor and his sword. The composition of the metals will ensure that the armor and metals can work in high temperatures while also being quite durable as well.

He exited the forge and the volcano as he had no other reason to be there. He then ran across the lands as he fought and killed more of the enemies of humans as he thought about what to do. But then he stopped as he spotted a large shining gate in the mountains which caused his eyes to widen.

"What the hell?" Michael said surprised when he saw it.

He looked at the gates for a few seconds before he decided to go there and learn what is is. He reached the place after enhancing his speed using his Chi as he reached the mountains and watched the gates. But then he saw movements outside the gate as he narrowed his eyes to look at what it is.

"Is that a... teenage girl?" Michael said surprised at seeing it.

He watched as a teenage girl who he presumed to be no older than 15 or so, seemed to be walking down the mountain. He observed that she is wearing Chinese like clothing and only has a long braid of hair from the back of her head, as except for that she was bald.

His curiosity got the better of him as he ran towards the girl. Soon she also saw him running towards her as she stopped suddenly as she looked at him skeptically as he also slowed his pace as he looked at the girl.

"Who are you?" Michael asked the girl.

But the girl only tilted her head and said some gibberish which he didn't understand. He sighed as he realised that she doesn't have the ability to know what he is talking about.

"Well, no time like the present." Michael said as he looked at the girl.

He then shot a beam of chi at her as the girl was shocked at the sudden attack, not expecting someone from outside K'un-Lun to be able to use chi as it hit her.

The chi made a connection between them and since she was unguarded he used the moment to learn the language of K'un-Lun from her mind before he severed the connection.

"Sorry about that. I needed to know about your language first." Michael said to her as he relaxed in K'un-Lun language

"H-How?" The girl asked in shock.

"I connected our minds and learned the language. It's quite easy if you have enough control." Michael said to her with an easygoing smile.

"Who-Who are you?" The girl asked him in surprise.

"Don't you think you need to introduce yourself first before asking my name?" Michael said to her with an amused look.

"Ah yes, I'm sorry for that. My name is Fan Fei, a warrior from K'un-Lun." Fan Fei said as she introduced herself.

"It's nice to meet you Fan Fei. I'm Michael and I'm from across the mountains." Michael said to her with a smile on his face.

"You showed great mastery over chi. I haven't seen anyone from this world do it before." Fan Fei said as she looked at him in fascination.

"From this world?" Michael asked as he looked at her.

"Yes. I come from K'un-Lun and it is not in this world. I met with other humans in here but none of them are able to protect themselves." Fan Fei said to him with a smile.

"Then I suppose I am the first one to impress you." Michael said as he looked at her.

"Yes. I know, can we have a spar?" Fan Fei asked him a bit excited.

"Sure. I don't mind." Michael said as he got into a stance.

Fan Fei also got into her own stance as she looked at him before she shot towards him as he readied himself to fight her as he smiled.