Part 12

You consider heading straight back to your hall of residence but you stop short of the path that leads in that direction, considering your options

You consider heading straight back to your hall of residence but you stop short of the path that leads in that direction, considering your options. You're feeling restless, the thrill of the risk you've just taken dying quickly away to leave behind a curious yearning for more. Maybe you're getting addicted to this dangerous game that you're playing, pushing the boundaries, seeing how far you can take it. Testing what you can get away with.

You wonder if Professor Bond might be free that afternoon...

You imagine coyly knocking on his office door, making up some excuse about needing help with revision or seeing if he has a textbook you could borrow. Of course he'd see right through you, maybe he'd even feign resistance for a while, pretend to take the moral high ground. That wouldn't last long though. You know your own brand of seductive persuasion is irresistible to him. All it would take is a few flirtatious comments and a few teasing touches and he'd be done for. You imagine him bending you over the desk and flipping up your dress, the heat of desire warming between your thighs as you picture the two of you locked in a steamy embrace.

God, it's tempting... The more you think about it, the more fired up you get. And what can Van say about your slutty behaviour when he's getting up to no good with you after putting a ring on his pretty little fiancée's finger?

That's it. It's decided. You're a woman on a mission as you change your course of direction and head straight for the History block, walking quickly, your excitement carrying you along. You're already planning the seduction routine in your head, so completely lost in your own thoughts that when your phone rings it startles you. You pause to rummage in your bag for it, bringing it out to see Lizzie's name displayed on the screen. It crosses your mind to ignore her, she's been out for a while now and no doubt the drinks will have been flowing. You're pretty certain she'll only be calling to tempt you to meet her. She'll be missing her drinking buddy, her partner in crime. You answer anyway, your mind already resolute about how you'll be spending the rest of the afternoon.

"Alright?" You greet her, pausing outside the History building, leaning back against the brickwork.

"Hello lovely!" Her voice is loud, excited in a way that you know she's probably already at least four cocktails in. "Whatcha doing? You gonna come and meet up with us?"

"I can't, I'm... busy..." You pause, glancing longingly towards the door of the building, thoughts full of Johnny sitting at his desk poring over his exam marking, imagining him sweeping it off carelessly on to the floor in a broad stroke so that you can take its place on the desk. "You know I signed up to that creative writing society don't you? Well I've been there and now I'm heading to the History department. Thought I'd actually spend my Wednesday afternoon doing something productive for once."

That earns you a snort. "You? Productive? Those two words don't really go together!"

"Maybe I'm turning over a new leaf!" You protest, grinning. "Fully embracing campus life, becoming an upstanding member of the student community!"