Part 17

Your heart's gripped by an invisible fist as you shuffle backwards to allow Van to enter, a gesture that's going against all of your instincts to tell him that he definitely shouldn't be here and that he ought to just turn around and leave

Your heart's gripped by an invisible fist as you shuffle backwards to allow Van to enter, a gesture that's going against all of your instincts to tell him that he definitely shouldn't be here and that he ought to just turn around and leave... right now. But when did you ever listen to your righteous side?

"Err... yeah sure... come in," you mumble uncertainly as you watch him push off from the doorframe. Another betrayal of your better judgement. He glances furtively over his shoulder before he steps inside, shutting the door swiftly behind him.

The air in your hallway feels thick, chokingly so, your anxiety increasing as your heart ricochets around your ribcage. Professor Bond's comments about Van's proclivity for taking risks and not knowing when to stop are blaring in your mind like a siren. He really wasn't kidding. What if someone discovered you both here right now? It would be awkward enough for you, but how on earth would Van explain being with one of his female students, alone together in her hall of residence whilst she's in a such an improper state of undress? You suddenly feel very naked in your thin silk robe and you draw it tightly over your chest, fastening the tie around your waist even tighter. Van's eyes trail downwards, the sly smile still playing on his lips.

"I'm really surprised to see you here," you blurt out, feeling the need to punctuate the stifling silence which is loaded with anticipation. "I don't think any of my lecturers have ever been to see me in halls. Do you... errr... want a cuppa? I was just about to put the kettle on."

You don't wait for an answer, backing away then turning on your heel and making for the kitchen on shaky legs. You hear Van's footfall closely behind you, first softly on the carpet then heavier on the kitchen tiles.

"I think we can skip the pleasantries don't you?" You hear him say as you're reaching to flick on the kettle. "We both know what I'm here for after all."

You spin around quickly, your heart in your mouth, a tiny gasp escaping you at Van's proximity. You step back, your lower back pressing into the kitchen cabinets. He's staring down at you with such intensity that you fail to hold his gaze for long, eyes skittering around the room nervously until they catch sight of a familiar object on the neighbouring counter top.

"Uhh... did you... did you come to get your belt? You left it behind so I picked it up for you. I was planning to give it back to you at the lecture tomorrow morning but here you are now!"

Van's eyes widen slightly, his smile growing, likely amusement at your refusal to acknowledge the real reason that he's here. You know you won't be able to keep up the pretence for much longer but there's just something about playing along with his game, his stern authority and your feigned naivety, that heightens everything. That delicious build up of tension between the two of you that's so devastatingly arousing. You can feel a warm glow building between your thighs already, stickiness on your naked skin.

"Yes... here I am," he says, slow and deep, watching you closely as you slip out from where he has you backed up against the cabinet to retrieve his belt. You're surprised he lets you go but he does, thanking you when you press it into his awaiting hands.