Chapter 18

-_- I got sent to detention by a total fucking bitch today. AND I WAS STUCK THERE WITH MY BULLY. ✌️😗. It sucked dude. Don't go to detention, it sucks, I promise.

-Izukus POV-

I see them stand up. They go to the kitchen together and that leaves me, on the couch, alone. I tap on my knee and look around the room. They return twenty five minutes later. I tilt my head. I'm curious as to what took them so long. They sit next to me and place an apple on the table.

"We ate lunch, you should too." Do I really have to eat lunch? It's pretty much the least important meal.

"Can I please just skip this one meal? It's the least important one. I really don't want to right now. Please?"  They look at each other and I think for a second that they gave in. They shake their heads. I crumple in on myself.

"Kid, if we let you skip lunch, it might become a routine. We're trying to get that to stop, not continue." Aizawa reasons. Mic puts a kind hand on my back in an attempt to sympathize with me.

"Just half of it, little listener. Please." His begging tone overwhelms me with guilt, more so than I would have if I'd eaten it. I reach a shaky hand out then pick up the apple. Within thirty minutes and a few years I'd eaten half of it.

"Good job. I'm proud of you, we both are. You did good, kiddo." My heart leans into the praise. Jealousy soon rests itself beside that pride. Why couldn't I have been assigned a dad like them at birth? Why couldn't my parents have been decent? All of this is their fault. They were the ones insulting me. They were the ones that planted these thoughts inside my head. They were the ones that did this. Hell, I can't even eat an apple without this little voice flickering into my brain and shouting wretched things at me. I wash away those thoughts and just decide to listen to their kind words.

"Thank you, Mr Aizawa." I hear a giant cackle from the two. They apologize as they collect themselves. I'm brought back by confusion.

"Sorry, sorry. Kid, do you really think we expect you to call us 'Mr Aizawa' or 'Mr Hizashi'?"

"I-I mean, I don't know what else to call you." I look at them. They seem to immediately know what they agree on. It's almost fucking scary.

"I mean, Shouta, Yamada... or Dad, maybe." I looked towards Hizashi and he nods in gesture of Aizawa's words. My ears and eyes have to be playing tricks on me. My jaw drops to the floor, I'm sure it did. They chuckle.

"You don't have to, I'm just saying it's a lovely option." A small and meek smile grows on my face. I don't think I'll do that immediately, but I see a possibility. A big possibility. A very big possibility. I have a dad. A good dad. This dad wasn't bad, he cared, he was nice, he asked before most things, he was good. He is good. Hell! I have two! Two lovely dads. Two great dads. My smile grows so big my entire face hurts.

They put on some random movie. Halfway through Mic starts whining and Aizawa starts laughing.

-A few hours pass, about 9:30 pm or 21:30.-

I nod off as mumbled conversation plays in the background. I sneak in a word or two as the conversation drifts to me.

"Kid, why don't you head to bed? You seem really tired and it's been a long day." Aizawa suggests. I nod. I am exhausted.