Chapter 4: As It Was

I woke up at 7 AM, later than my usual wakeup time. Kiryūin Fūka had kept me from sleeping earlier than I would have.

Pushing myself up, I saw that the aforementioned Fūka had curled up with all my blankets on the ground, her platinum-white hair splayed out like an angelic halo around her. She looked peaceful in her slumber, her eyelashes casting delicate shadows on her cheeks.

That was right. Fūka had stayed over yesterday. I couldn't help but feel like it would be a regular occurrence from now on.

I sighed as I gently picked up the blankets and covered her, tucking her in like she was a precious secret that only I had the privilege to hold.

Last night, I found out just how territorial of a sleeper Fūka was. She would cling to the blankets as if they were a lifeline and wrestling them away from her was a fruitless endeavor.

Yawning, I decided to do my morning routine, tiptoeing around the room so as not to disturb her. I headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, deciding that it was the right thing to do.

Now, what to cook for a first Saturday breakfast at this school? I rummaged through the refrigerator and cupboard. Maybe I'll try something American. I don't have the ingredients for anything else, anyway.

Soon, the sound of sizzling bacon and omelets filled the air.

The aroma of freshly brewed coffee soon followed, mingling with the savory scent of cooking bacon. After around 10 minutes, breakfast was ready.

I heard a soft rustling behind me, and I turned to see Fūka stretching like a cat, her lithe body arching gracefully, her arms reaching up toward the ceiling. Her outstretched arms lifted her shirt, exposing a hint of her midsection as she let out a contented sigh.

She grinned at the sight of me, her eyes dancing with a playful glint, as I put the finishing touches on the omelets and slid them onto the plate.

"Somehow, you in an apron looks good. Maybe it's just that you're not wearing a shirt underneath."

It was true that I had simply thrown on an apron without considering the predatory gaze of Fūka Kiryūin. The morning sunlight streaming through the window accentuated the play of shadows on her face, making her look like a mischievous angel. She licked her lips, her gaze filled with playful desire.

"Mind if I take it off?"

"No. This is all you get. You can look, but you can't touch."

"How cruel." She pouted cutely, her lower lip jutting out in a playful act of disappointment, and she let out an exaggerated sigh from her ruby lips. "You're no fun."

As I served her breakfast, placing a plate of bacon, omelets, and a steaming cup of coffee in front of her, she seemed delighted.

"Itadakimasu," we said, as we dug in.

"So, what's the plan today?"

"Going to the gym, then coming back and watching some anime or reading some books."

"No nefarious plans today?" Fūka whined.

"I never have nefarious plans."

Fūka smirked.

"Liar."

I sighed. "You should probably leave soon so that no one sees you leaving my room. Otherwise, we'll be in trouble."

"Oh, in trouble in what way?" Fūka smirked, "An innocent lady such as myself is being preyed upon by a boy."

"I'm the kōhai here," I reminded her. "A lady such as yourself would take advantage of innocent me."