Part 8

Ian and Friday woke up early that morning and set off towards the gas station

Ian and Friday woke up early that morning and set off towards the gas station. They had hired a taxi to take them so they could get there faster instead of walking. 

"So why are we going to a gas station" Ian asked.

"The gas station not a gas station, were looking for clues to where the fake limo could of taken Binky and Ingrid" Friday replied opening her back pack. "Did you bring your phone" she asked.

"yes" Ian said pulling it out of his pocket.

"Good" she said grabbing it and chucking it into her back pack and then proceeding to close it ignoring Ian's protests.

When they got to the gas station Friday told the driver to stop right where the limo stopped, then her and Ian hoped out and walked over to the shops attached to the gas station it was closed which was odd because normally gas stations are open 24/7. She looked in the wind ow only to see one snack shelf with not much also odd normally a gas station is packed with snack's, drinks and other essentials commonly needed on road trips. She turned round to fuel meters.

"Ian" Friday whispered grabbing his arm.

"Yeah, what" he said while looking round the area.

"Why would they come to a gas station when their car is electric, and this gas station has no electric car chargers" she said. Ian looked around and sure enough there was no way they could have needed a refill.

"Hey, the pumps are fake" said Ian walking over and pulling a part a pump "There made of plastic and Styrofoam" he tapped the screen.

"The screen's look like there on but why would they be left on if the whole rest of the gas station is closed" Friday mumbled.

Friday looked up her face snapped like she had seen a ghost. Instantly she pulled out Ian's phone and put the emergency service on speed dial.

"Friday" Ian said seeing her expression she didn't answer "FRIDAY, what's wrong" he said now shaking her trying to get attention.

"The number plate" she said. Ian glanced the taxi. "it's a different taxi to the one we arrived in".

"Do we run" Ian asked.

"No, absolutely not" Friday responded, "it would look suspicious, they'll probably follow us". plus, If I had to run for my life, I'd probably die ... again

"Not If your being chased by the police in Paris" asked Ian. Friday gave him an (are you serious right now) look.

"Really" she said, "if we want to find the other's this our best chance".

"I guess were going to let ourselves get kidnapped" Ian said.

"Yep" Friday said grabbing his hand and they walked to the taxi.

With no warning, the taxi started up at full speed. The impact pushed Friday up against the window followed by getting squashed by Ian who hadn't had time to put his seat belt on.

"WHAT'S GOING ON" Ian yelled. The driver said nothing but just glanced up at the revision mirror.

"GRAIL" Friday whispered. She hadn't expected it to be him.

They drove for about 5 minutes but to Friday it felt like 50. The car was silent she couldn't even her own breathing (probably because she wasn't breathing). They could see nothing out the windows it was all just a blur. Ian squeezed her hand, trying to make her feel safer but she knew he was just as scared as she was. The car eventually slowed down, it came to a stop and the door was opened by ... Tatyana.