Chapter 14 part 2

They arrived at Jasmund National bumping over the gravel as Bernie tried his best to park his car. The jolting around of the car stirred Friday. She looked around, the Jasmund cliffs were a site to behold as they stretched to the top of the sky making Friday feel the size of an ant.

She gasped "Wow".

"Uhm...hi" a voice said scarily close to her, she turned her head and came face with Ian, he was centimetres away from her, his face was bright red".

"Hello" Friday whispered, "Melanie put your phone down".

Melanie had turned around and had snuck her phone in-between the car seat and the headrest, she slowly ducked down and took her phone with her.

"Sorry" Friday mumbled climbing of him.

Ian smiled "Your face is turning bright red right now".

Friday's face went even brighter "Yeah well so is yours".

Ian looked confused "No, it's not". Just then Friday kissed him making his cheeks crimson.

"Now it is" Melanie said raising her phone.

"Put it down" Ian said opening the car door and hopping out.

"What do we do now" He asked, looking around.

"I don't know" Friday said walking over to him "Bernie got any ideas".

"None at all, Interpol told us to wait here something about a duplicate painting" He said.

"Oh, there swapping out the paintings with fakes" Melanie said toddling over rapped up in a big blanket she stole from the hotel. "I'm surprised you didn't think of that Friday, you're usually the one doing Bernie's job".

"Melanie!" Friday exclaimed.

"Oh sorry I forgot your family can't take the truth" Melanie said folding her arms.

"Melanie!" Friday yelled; Melanie had been friends for more then 4 years but this was about the rudest she had been.

Ian smirked "You see Bernie ... this is what happens when you wake her up at five in the morning".

Soon the parking lot was crowded with Interpol agents, in the middle of all the commotion was a big trestle table, chief Crouwler had made two exact replicas of the painting's and had laid them out across the table the first was a large rectangular shaped frame with a picture of the Låtefossena wide range of waterfalls in Norway.

"Woah!" Friday breathed running her hand over the painting. The other was a picture of a girl holding a string with an airplane attached to the other end.

"Raldi" Friday asked.

"Yep" Melanie nodded "Daddy asked him to paint me when I was little, it's worth a lot".

"It wasn't what I was expecting your family would be into" Friday said.

"Oh no, it's not. I think Dad has it so he can say he has an appreciation for art" Melanie said, "But it's my favourite picture in our house I would hate to part with it".

"Now all we need is to know where to find Mrs. Benatti" Bernie was going through the plan with chief Crouwler trying to figure out what to do next.

"CHIEF CROUWLER" a voice screamed coming down the steps that led to the water fall.

"BERNIE, COME QUICKLY" it was Nigel speeding down the path trying to get them as fast as possible.

Bernie walked over and confronted the distressed boy "Nigel what is it".

Nigel chocked out a couple words "Benatti's... Princess... Motor bike".