Chapter 18

" I think it's one of the worst ideas I've heard in a while coming from you. We could both just block him and move on with our lives like most people do."

"I know you're right, but I just don't feel like it's fair to him or his niece. I feel like she still has some hope of us working things out and getting back together, she's going to be heartbroken over this, especially since her mother is a damned nightmare of a woman."

"Your heart is so big, but you always come first. She'll get over it eventually, maybe you two can hang out if her parents allow it. But he is not the only way to still stay close to her. I don't trust him, and he doesn't need to be around you or contact you again. It's giving stalker."

"I know, you're so right and it needs to be laid to rest. This will be the last time, then it's done for good."

"I could come with you just in case, something tells me not to trust him."

"Okay, you can wait in the car. I don't want him to feel like he's being ganged up on or set up, it's just going to be a quick conversation about boundaries and how he can no longer contact me because things between us have come to an end for good."

"Perfect, we'll go mid-afternoon and spend the rest of the day shopping and eating. As long as that's good with you, of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After breakfast was eaten, I called David to let him know we were leaving for a few hours. Promising him that I would inform him when we came back and to keep my phone near me at all times. The car ride there was filled with nervous silence, from me; on the other hand, Kelsie was reassuring me that it's fine to call him an invasive dickhead who doesn't respect basic boundaries.

I can't lie, that did make me giggle a bit.

"I don't want to invade this situation because you're a big girl and you can handle these things on your own. But we both know David would destroy this world if anything happened to you, and I would blame myself since I was with you and couldn't do anything. Just keep your phone in your hand, the first ring I'm running straight to you, even if I have to break down the door."

Kelsie's words were true and reassuring to my nerves. I just pray everything goes well so I can move on and put these things behind me once and for all. I still adore Sayyora, and we can stay connected with one of her parent's permission, but I've moved past this stage in my life. I'll just miss the sleepovers and us baking in the morning and tea parties on the weekends.

She gives me hope that one day I will be a good mom and do all the things for my daughter that my mother never wanted to do for me. And the same goes for if I have a son. I just know I'll give my last breath to protect those close to me, nothing in the world would be able to stop me or harden my heart to the point I would neglect them. But first I'll need a lot of therapy, and probably a psychologist as well.

"Do you think I should commit myself one day?"

"Where the hell did that come from?!? Not unless you need to, but it could be traumatic depending on the place. I never want you to go anywhere like that. I would literally go back to school just to properly take care of you in that kind of headspace. Plus David would definitely have some people come to your place or his and keep a watch on you around the clock. Are you sure you want to do this today? You seem far too deep into your head to go through with it."

"No, it's fine, I was just thinking about some stuff. I promise I can do this. The quicker this is done, he and I can fully move past this silly little fling. It shouldn't have happened anyway, it was far too soon."

"I agree, things really need to end now, especially because of how serious you and David seem to be getting now."

"True, his house is just around the corner. You can park at the edge of the parking garage."

Scuffing and rolling her eyes at the view "Of course, you can't see the front door from here. Why the hell does he even need so many cars anyway?"

"I'm not sure, I asked the same question."

"At least David does useful things with his money, I hope he invests in some therapy instead of hoarding his wealth. Unbelievable bullshit."

Another fair point made by Kelsie, maybe I was too blinded by my own self-turmoil to see the red flags in front of me. David has gotten me therapy and even offered to join my sessions if I want him to. He's given back to countless charities under an alias, and pays his taxes, while also making sure his employees are paid fair.

"Come on Olivia, get this over with so you can enjoy the rest of the day with your Kelsie. Once this is done, you can fully move past this trainwreck of a situation."

Anxiety screaming at me to leave and never come back was all I could hear aside from my heart beating in my ears. I hate confrontation, especially with men.

It's just worse when their an ex, more so an unofficial ex. Hoping, praying, begging in my mind that he hasn't been drinking at all, or I might have to do this another day. I never realized how deeply that moment traumatized me.

Hesitantly, I knocked on the door, part of me wishing he wasn't there.

But to my disappointment, he promptly opened the door after the third knock. My heart was in my ass, and my soul had left my body.

To stand in front of him again after so long, after telling him about my miscarriage and what we did afterward.

I felt guilty all over again.

"Hi... um, we need to talk about some things."

"I'm shocked you didn't call first, this is the first time you've ever popped up on me. What's the issue?"

"You called Kelsie. I never gave you her number or said you could contact her; especially not as a workaround to check up on me. You crossed a huge boundary, not just for me, but for Kelsie too."

"Is it really that serious? You two must've forgotten that we exchanged numbers after the dinner which turned into a disaster shortly afterward."

"I definitely don't remember that happening, and I'm sure Kelise doesn't either. I'm being very serious right now. You can't do that again, it's so many things wrong with what you did. Realistically, it shouldn't have happened in the first place. You overstepped in a major way. Please, do not contact her again, as well as me."

"What do you mean? I can't call you anymore?"

"No, you can't call, text, email me, or anything of that sort. I'll keep in touch with Sayyora with one of her parents' permission, but I have to cut you off for good. Obviously, we aren't good for each other, and I smell liquor on your breath, you actually reek of it right now. And that's a deal-breaker for me."

In a matter of seconds, I gasped deeply as he struck me across the face.