Chapter 2

On our way to my condo, the real David sent me a text.

David

Where are you? When I came back from my meeting you were already gone?

Olivia. T

I'm sorry, I was feeling sick and felt like I needed to rush home. I should've left a note, I apologize.

I didn't want to attempt to tell him what was really happening, I knew if Kyle saw it, I would regret everything so, so, much. Not to mention it's always been considerably easier to lie, I just hope Kyle isn't staying long. I have other things to do besides worry about him hawking over me, especially going through my things. I should call the police but, I'd probably be a stain on the concrete by the time they'll get here. I feel trapped again, maybe I should tell David to come over? Or maybe Kelsie? No, she's probably occupied and won't be very much help against Kyle.

"So when should I make that appointment? I'm thinking tomorrow should be fine, I do have a private OBGYN on the payroll. Just as long as it's gone soon, I could care less." His voice was filled with disgust. I forgot all about it.

I said nothing, the anger, and sadness in me was rising. I wasn't sure what to do just yet, so I sat there in silence.

Feeling this low again truly made me feel small. It's not like I had really taken the time to change or get stronger anyways. That's when the reality sat in.

I've done absolutely nothing but, sleep, work, and go out. The thought of actually getting better never crossed my mind until today. All I ever thought about was trying to feel better and repressing what I went through. Part of me assumed I was safe forever, that he'd never return. Yet that part of me was filled with nothing, but fantasies.

He made the Devil seem so innocent.

"Your appointment is set for Friday, it'll be eyes on you every day this week right up til me picking you up and taking you to get the procedure done."

Once again, I said nothing. Knowing that it would be futile to disagree. I should've stayed with Kelsie, why don't I ever listen to anyone...

Kyle stood in front of me, placing his hand under my chin, forcing me to look him in the eyes. "Don't look so sad, I'm doing this for us. Once this is all over we can start over and things will be different. I just want that bastard seed out of you. I should fucking kill him for toying with what's mine, but I'll get my revenge on him soon."

His eyes got dark with anger and amusement; I knew he was thinking of something sadistic in his head. His grip on my jaw got tighter, it actually started to sting. "Please let go of my jaw, it's starting to hurt."

"I'll let go of your jaw when I want to. I don't give a damn about what idiot let you boss them around, but you know I'm not shit like them. Now apologize or I'll get upset. You remember what happens when I get upset right?"

"I-I'm sorry..."

"You're sorry, what?"

"I'm sorry, sir."

"Good, next time you slip up you'll regret it." He kissed my lips before chuckling to himself and walking away.

I haven't felt this scared and alone in so long. I should've stayed where I knew I would be safe, but if I did that then Kelsie would've been in danger as well. Isolation was the best choice it's like my body knew this was going to occur.

"So are you going to start cooking for tonight or what?"

"What do you want to eat?"

"You know my favorite, hurry up and get started."

Though I was still nauseated, I got up and began making dinner. The entire time I was slowly starting to hate myself all over again. I knew after this procedure was done the cycle of abuse would start again. He didn't want her to see my bruises so he wasn't going to do anything just yet; I know I have a choice to proceed with it or not, but David and I would probably have the same conversation. Not to mention where I am in life right now wouldn't be the best place for a child, especially not if I'm it's mother.
~~~~~~~~~~~
By the time I finished preparing dinner Kyle was fresh out the shower only wearing a towel. A weak part of me was still attracted to him, but that was the stupid part of who was still attracted to his potential instead of taking the red flags for what they clearly are; the signs of early death. She still saw the good in him, the good that was used to manipulate her into the position she's in now. I swear that part of me was insane and incredibly detached from the reality of the situation. But she was just the naive part of me who tried to be optimistic no matter what, I mean I couldn't really fault her on that. The reality of this situation crush anyone's soul. But her and me are one within the same, so at this point I'm lost.

I remember the words, Quintin told me. I said that I loved Kyle. That thought by itself is sickening to me. I was still the stupid girl I was when I left him, but I don't want to be her anymore.

"Do I really have to sit at this table alone? If I knew things were going to be like this I should've just stayed at your mother's house."

"My mother? How did you find her? How do you know about her?!? I never told you anything about her for a reason."

"Does it look like I care? She's going to visit soon, sometime this week is what I remember her saying, I gave her your address as well."

"I don't want to see her, I don't want her to invade my new home or anything! Out of everything you've ever done this is the most fucked up thing to do to me. Tell her you lied and got her hopes up, I never want to see that disgrace of an egg donor ever again!"

The first time I've raised my voice at him, I have never been this upset before. For once my anger was stronger than my fear of Kyle. How dare he give permission to that jealous, spiteful, pathetic excuse for a 'mother '. That had been the last straw, I left her home in the middle of the night. I picked hypothermia and possible death over being there any longer, Lucifer himself would be disgusted with that bitch.

Without a second thought, I grabbed my phone, purse, keys, and credit cards and left. It would be a few seconds before Kyle would react, so I hopped into the elevator and hit the emergency stuck button before it closed.

"Good luck, catching me you fucking idiot."

I luckily lived on the 10th floor, he has no chance of reaching me.

Getting into the nearest cab, turning off my first phone and turning on my second, I called Kelsie.

"The most disturbing bullshit has happened today, are you home so I can tell you everything?"