46 - New flavors and Sensations (2.47k words)

Yaya's POV

I found it funny how Bai could pull up recipes from thin air. She didn't know how to cook without recipes by using the available ingredients at hand, but once she had everything from the recipe, she could pull out a good dish.

Normally, she stuck to Chinese cuisine, so when I suggested something Italian (after Vick's begging), she pondered for a moment before recalling a few recipes.

Meanwhile, Vick cleverly used me as his excuse to venture into brewing alcohol, how I taught him everything about fermenting and how he managed to make sweet red wine.

"Woah, what is this?" Queen Memi covered her mouth as she savored the taste.

The food she had received was called 'pizza.' Bai and Nivi had used the wheat from the provision, cheese, tomatoes, and olive oil to make it.

From their interaction, it seemed Nivi had already fostered some relationship with Queen Memi. (Yes, I invited Nivi to visit our house the morning after the distribution day.)

"Thank you. I am glad that it turned out to your liking." Bai had a big smile on her face.

Our Little European castle came in handy during these crowded times. Everyone, from Nivi's males to Queen Memi's males and guards, assembled in the grand hall. Seated in two rows on the floor, the air buzzed with anticipation as the guest waited for the feast to begin.

Meanwhile, I used one of the spare rooms as a butchery, handling the fresh dinosaur meat which we had an excess of together with Vick and Curtis. They helped me with cleaning the meat and removing the excess fat and gristle. I checked the meat's appearance, inspecting it for any signs of discoloration or spoilage, ensuring that only the best cuts made it to the table for our feast.

Some cuts were tender, begging to be grilled to perfection. Others, like the ribeye, had just the right amount of fat for that juicy bite.

Some cuts of the dinosaur meat were best enjoyed raw, like the tenderloin and the sirloin. To prepare them, I sliced them thinly against the grain, ensuring maximum tenderness. Then, I arranged the slices on a large three-tier platters, taking care to showcase the meat's natural beauty.

We've been discussing taking Parker in, and prepared beforehand to welcome his family, which was not small. At the end of the day, he was still a prince, and it was important to show that we were not to be taken lightly.

For added flavor, I drizzled the slices of meat with a light dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, and a sprinkle of sea salt.

· · ─────── · ⊱❈⊰· ─────── · ·

When the feast began, the sun still lingered high in the sky, promising several more hours of daylight.

Beside the pizza, an array of dishes adorned the long mat. Nivi and Bai expertly prepared familiar meat like short bird chickens and pork with rice.

As a hostess, I couldn't simply stand by (I'd rather do anything than cater to our guests). While the girls helped me with showcasing brand-new sample dishes to our guests, I found myself tasked with satisfying the appetites of over thirty beastmen.

Beside the meat dishes, the table boasted an array of seasonal delights, such as fruit and salads.

Bai and Nivi sat on either side of Queen Memi, and the three of them were immersed in conversation. I've prohibited both of them from spreading any modern innovations into the public on their own. It was better to wait until they gain some connection with Queen Memi and use her as the bridge to pass it out. They wouldn't be able to take any credits for it, but it wasn't like they didn't steal the knowledge from another world and use it, right?