session 2 episode 1

Tesh’s History

Scene: slime biome daytime.

Daku, a young girl of 12 or 13, shouted. “Tesh return!” She caught Tesh mid air and brought him down slicing clear through a giant snail dragon. She landed as a shower of purple ooze sprayed the air.
She released Tesh and he transformed into his human form. “Tesh! Tesh! I did it! That fat old pub owner said the snail dragon was too powerful for a beginner like me! Gore he was wrong.” Daku laughed and squished Tesh into a  tight hug.
“You sure did Daku.” Tesh said patting her head. “I would expect nothing less from my wielder.”
“I know.” Daku said letting go of him and giving him a cocky smile.

Scene: old ruins: Daku is older here, a young adult.

Daku is studying runes. She has books open all around her and in writing in one. Tesh is laying in the pile of the books in weapon form. “Tesh.” Daku said with a astonished whisper. “Were you human once?”
She gazed at him as he transformed. She was disgruntled from hours of study and work. “I have no answer Daku.” Tesh said.
“Yes yes. I know. Come here and look at what I’ve depicted here. This chamber or the platform above was once some kind of mecanisme to make living weapons and look. Look here.” she said enthusiastically and pointing at some ancient glyphs. “This glyph means human or human soul.” She grabbed Tesh’s hand and pulled him closer. Tesh visibly blushed but Daku didn’t notice. “This is amazing.”
“Indeed.” Tesh said glowing with admiration for his wielder.
“So you’re agreeing with me!” Daku said.
“I know you are capable of puzzling out any language or glyph unknown to you.” Tesh said.
Daku dropped Tesh’s hand. “Yeah yeah. Can’t revile your past I get it.” She said turning back to her work then whispered down at her notes. “I’m getting it. I’m beginning to see.”
Tesh sat down where she abandoned him along with her enthusiasm. ‘I’m afraid it’s all you see.’ Tesh thought.

Scene: campsite, night. A group of people

Daku is being flirtatious with a few of the men. Her face is red from alcohol. She walks over to Tesh who is being standoffish. Daku wraps an arm around Tesh. “Come on Tesh join the party.” She said.
“I’d rather not but I will at your command.” he said.
“Don’t be a gutting rusty sword.” Daku said. “Come on we have to get to know these people. Try and figure out which ones are trustworthy enough to recruit for our expedition. See what they want, chips, adventure, glory.”
“I think they want something other than that from you.” Tesh siad sharper than he intended.
Daku lit up with understanding. “Oh my.” she grinned. “Why Tesh you’re jealous, are you in love with me?” she said.
Tesh turned visibly red and looked away from her.
Daku grabbed Tesh and pulled him behind a large rock hidden away from the group. She grabbed his face and kissed him. Tesh stiffened in shock then wrapped his arms around her.

“This is forbidden.” Tesh said pushing her away.
Daku clung to him and he dropped his arms letting her pull him close again. “I know.” she said. “I love forbidden things. It’s thrilling.”
“This isn’t something I want.” Tesh siad.
“You don’t.” Daku said arching an eyebrow and smiling.
“If it's not reciprocal…” Tesh began then looked away embarrassed and thought, ‘Sometimes I can’t stand her; this obsessed woman, my welder.’ He looked at her scheming unloving eyes, ‘my love.’
Daku pulled him down into another deep kiss then pulled away and whispered against his cheek. “It doesn’t matter what you want. You are mine. This only gives me more power over you and you know how much I love power.” She let him go, “and because of your bond to me your loyalty will never waver. Don’t worry Tesh It will always just be you and I at the end of every event.” She said as she departed back to the group.
She danced with another the rest of the night. Giving Tesh knowing glaces. Tesh turned away from the sight and layed in the grass becoming a sword. ‘She can’t help who she is. She’s like a predator who love playing with her food.’ he thought.