Part 23 - We've Been Expecting You

Wind gusts through the open car door as you hop out on to the sidewalk. The smell of the warm salty sea air lifts your hair and welcomes you to Donghae. It's a wonder how just a change in the air from countryside to sea can refresh your spirits after a long drive. In all actuality the last forty-five or so minutes didn't feel as long as they could have all thanks to your delicious meal. The boxes of take away have perfumed the car in the best way possible.

Stretching from side to side you look up at the building in front of you. This is your first stop in Donghae, to pay for the hotel that you won't be using. It's nothing fancy but, considering the price, you knew it wouldn't be.

"We'll meet you back here with the snacks." Hobi says, waving his phone that contains your list of snack requests while Yoongi pays the parking meter. "None of these should be too hard to find. Any last minute additions?"

"I'm all good!" You send Yoongi and Hobi off on their mission to the 7/11 on the corner

"Nah, nothing else for me thanks!" Joon shouts after them with a touch of annoyance, shutting the trunk and stepping up onto the sidewalk with you. He places a confident hand around your waist, and his dimples appear for a split second when he looks at you making your heart flutter. "Shall we?"

"Certainly sir." You smile back, enjoying your own alliteration as you walk towards the front doors.

But Joon's hand tightens on your side, and he leans in to whisper in your ear.

"I like it too much when you call me that."

"Well I'll keep that in mind," You wink, turned on by his commanding tone. "Sir."

He groans deeply, squeezing you tighter before leaving your side to open the hotel door for you.

With a grin that tells him you know what you're doing to him you start to walk in through the open door.

"You just want to get punished tonight, don't you babygirl." He hisses at you, as he comes in behind you, taking your waist again drawing your attention away from the slightly rumpled rug on the floor.

Snagging your toe on the rug you trip, and nearly go face first into the linoleum floor. And you would have too if Namjoon hadn't had such a good grip on your waist

"I gotcha-"

"Oh! Are you alright?" The girl behind the counter asks, shooting up out of her chair in concern.

"Oh yeah," You wave your mistake off with a heat rising in your cheeks from the embarrassment "I wasn't paying attention."

"No no, that stupid rug, it's always curling up, they need to just replace it!" She rolls her eyes with a light hearted laugh. "What can I help you with today?"

"Well, we actually just wanted to pay for late cancellation on the room we had booked, and let you know we won't be staying here tonight. So the room can be rented out to someone else." Namjoon explains.

"Um- okay..."She buffers with confusion for a moment but snaps into work mode and sits down, tapping the mouse on the desk to wake up her computer. "What name is the room booked under?"

"Y/N"

"Okay..." She clacks away at her keyboard. "Okay looks like we had you down for 3 nights and for late cancellations we only charge for the first night."

"That's wonderful, thank you."

"No problem! Alright, that will be 68000 won."

Joon hands over his black metal card, with a smile. Of course it runs through the system smoothly, people with black cards aren't exactly hurting for such measly funds.