Godzilla vs The Rival

Sometime in the past, far predating 2019

Coming home after a swim, and keeping the order, the Gojira Paragon was returning to his lair. He was somewhat exhausted but still had the energy to fight ten battles.
   A smile of pride was held on his face, how long it would be before he would hold it again was beyond him, his ego higher than it ever was in his older, more mature years.
   Soon he was home, walking ashore and seeing the old village of his worshipper, he held his head up and announced his return. They all turned to him, setting down or stopping what they were doing, and bowing to him. As insignificant as other Gojira found it, Paragon was most entertained, feeling himself grin a little harder before walking onto land, unaware of what awaited him at his home.

   Finally, at the cave mouth, Paragon was about ready to lay around and nap again, even if he still felt buzzing with energy, but he stopped to sniff the air. There was an ape; one of those rebellious apes in his goddam cave. What was once grinning, now became a cold hard frown as he growled, wanting to get this over with. Using the shadows, and his superior vision in the dark, he crept into the cave, wanting the jump on this furry pest. His dorsal plates were aligned so they'd resemble the stalagmites, albeit not as effectively as he'd hoped, but enough to be indistinguishable. He sniffed out the ape, before hearing its huffs and sounds of seeming laughter or pleasure, before a crunching of meat was heard. It had killed and was now eating something, but it didn't matter, as it would be both its first and last meal in here. Soon, he saw it, and Paragon was appalled by how big this one was; real bulky with brawn, it was one of the larger ones, but it shouldn't be a problem to the young king of the monsters.
   The ape bit another piece off its meal, sucking on the meat as it chewed it as well, before swallowing but stopped when it had the feeling it was no longer alone. Setting down the femur of what it had brought down, it looked over its shoulder to see if anything was noticeable. While Paragon was in the field of vision, he was not recognized. The ape grunted, turning his head back to his meal, picking it up, and bringing it to his mouth to eat, but didn't bite. He wanted to wait and see if what was in here would be so bold as to strike him.
   Paragon growled, creeping from all fours back to his hind legs, and sprinting at this intruder, giving a mighty battle cry as he did! The ape growled as he realized and recognized where he'd found refuge; in the den of a Gojira. He turned swiftly around, and back-handed Paragon into stumbling and falling onto the ground. He attempted to get up but slipped on the moist floor, soon falling. He pushed himself up to look, already hearing the ape getting riled up before roaring; his battle cry echoing through the cave as he beat his chest.

 He pushed himself up to look, already hearing the ape getting riled up before roaring; his battle cry echoing through the cave as he beat his chest

Paragon growled, roaring again as he sprang for the ape's throat, but yet again was beaten back. Both of them now were circling one another, the ape being a bit taller and brawnier, while Paragon's dorsal plates and breath were more weapons than his opponent had, and would be hopefully enough. Both charged, roaring. The ape held his fists over his head and he sprang forward at Paragon and slammed them on his head, before decking him across the face. Paragon wasn't gonna take it lying down and dug his claws into the ape's shoulders, and left deep cuts distinct from the many already on this veteran. A cry of pain came from him before Paragon felt his snout be punched directly. He backed up as it felt like the appendage had been crushed, he then felt the same blunt-force pain hit him in the ribs, and remembered he was being wailed on by an Ape, and his fists. Paragon whipped him back, using his tail end to momentarily half-blind his advisory, before spinning around the other way and hitting the ape full-on with his entire tail. The Ape was sent gliding through the air, crashing into stalagmites that teared up his back, and then hitting the wall. Paragon took the chance and ran him down, biting the Ape by the shoulder before pulling him around, and throwing him again, but the Ape caught himself on his feet and beat the ground. Paragon showed no patience and ran in again recklessly, the Ape saw the inexperience and had a small smirk before pouncing on the Gojira, a swift hand holding his mouth shut as Paragon was wrestled to the ground. Both struggled, one attempting to secure, and the other trying to escape. Paragon's dorsal plates found flesh and cut it slightly, but he noticed and forcibly pushed himself now into the Ape, digging the sharp armor and bones into his armpit, freeing Paragon, who stepped back but was kicked in the chest, pushing him again into the ground. The Ape pushed himself up with a pained groan, his head throbbing from his head injury, but he assured himself there was no fracture. Paragon growled, now wanting to kill the Ape, he began charging his atomic breath, feeling the glands in his throat heat up, as did his back as they glowed blue with energy. Like a scream, he inhaled, before exhaling with all the power of an exploding star in it, directed at the Ape. Terror was what it felt at that moment, narrowly dodging death, and being reduced to atoms, he sprinted, hoping to close the distance between him and Paragon; his breath trailing after him before he was punched again. The blast ceased, but his aggression and blue light did not, he roared, snapped his jaws at the Ape, and tried firing again, but was punched again and shoved. The Ape was now forcing Paragon out of his den, who initially thought that would be a beneficial move to his victory and reclaim his home.
Both eventually were out in the open sun, Paragon had turned tail and ran, knowing the Ape would give chase, and so now they were in the open. Paragon roared, still showing he was open to fight this challenger, the Ape roaring in kind as he reared up his fists in a duel slam on Paragon's head. The loyal subjects of Paragon watched as it happened, forever immortalizing what happened now in their mind after only hearing the skirmish in their god's home; which they dared not enter unless to give an offering. Both the Ape and Paragon bear-hugged each other, shoving and pushing one another in a strength contest in which they were evenly matched. The latter dug his claws into the muscle of this Rival's back and cut him deeply before both threw each other to the side, stumbling. The Rival and Paragon stared at the other in the eyes, not yet backing down and running once again in combat.
With a fury of raining fists, claws swipes, and bites on both ends, with cries and roars of pain, both hurt their enemy. Paragon once entered so proudly into this, now though was being beaten into submission by the Rival, teeth broke and were sprayed out with blood as he fell back on his side in defeat. The Rival roared, reveling in his victory, pounding his chest as he stood over top of Paragon, before huffing in exhaustion and curling up from the pain of his many injuries. He began walking back to his new and permanent home; the baring of this battle's results. Paragon would not have it. Getting up on his feet, he stumbled before walking after the Rival, then running, roaring "This fight isn't-!" before being reprimanded, now the Rival barred an annoyed, and agitated expression at Paragon's persistence. Before he could even get up, the Rival got on top of him, grabbed a small rock, and began beating it against his head, grunting with each swing. Blood gushed from Paragon's head before it broke, and even then the punishment for his recklessness was not yet over, as fists clobbered his head deeper into the ground. He felt some gush up in a spray and cover the Rival's face, but he was not yet pleased and continued until his fists were bathed in it.
Paragon coughed and sputtered, his body spasming as he struggled to remain conscious. The Rival huffed, and pounded his chest once with one arm, before walking back to the cave to finish his meal.
After an hour, he - Paragon - rose yet again, the emotions of his humiliation devoured him as if he'd died. Yet, he'd rather that than what he lived with. Almost unrecognizable, battered, and bloody from that ape. He knew he could not show his face here ever again unless he was either strong enough, or sought out a death wish. He walked forward, hunched and huffing, back to the ocean, never to be seen by his people again.

2019, after Boston

At long last, the fallen champion was home. Paragon had sharpened his wit, skills, and dorsal plates for this. He was tired and hungry, but he knew age had eaten at the Rival, so it was even.

When they'd last fought, it was the Rival that trespassed, now, ironically it was Paragon who intruded on what was his turf. He expected to be greeted by him sooner, despite being underwater, but this was taking too long even for an old ape. But to his shock, what greeted him was not the Rival, but instead, Tiamat, as she ambushed and pulled Paragon into a whirlpool.
She might have killed the Rival and taken claim of Paragon's ancestral home, and she was to face him to keep possibly a symbiosis if the Rival was still here. But Paragon also might've been optimistic.
Tiamat wasn't as clever as she was aggressive about her housing, but she could tell he was weak. The fight with Ghidorah and his rebirth had taken a significant toll on him, and she sensed it. Paragon admittedly found her warrior's spirit attractive, as he found it irritating at his convenience. Tiamat got a hold, and wrapped him up in sharp cutting coils, forcing them deeper down in the depths; her domain. She blinded him with a toxic vaporous belch once she saw that even with him weakened, she was physically outmatched. Paragon screeched as he lost sight. But he had other ways to see. Tiamat's heat wasn't hideable, and he wrestled her into the lair itself; dry land; his turf.
   Once out of the water, Paragon huffed, pressing her head into the dirt till she yielded, and afterward let her go. He huffed, feeling blood ooze from a wound on his ribs from her sharp, steel-like serrated scales, but it would not handy cap him much. He roared, signifying to the Rival, that if he was still here, he was back for a rematch. He got no reply. He walked onward, seeking out the Rival. He noticed the remnants they left together from their first encounter still haunted the cave, but the Rival was nowhere to be found, but in his skull, he remained there.
   Tiamat, at some point, must've killed him. Since there was no corpse to be found, she must've decapitated the Rival and dragged his corpse to the water to feast on it. How disappointing it was to Paragon to see this, not that he had respect as much as hatred for this ape, but that he wasn't the one to kill him, and watch it as it happened. Still, a victory against his killer was a win, and Paragon would not squander it.
   Coming home, a long day after keeping the peace, he was in his lair to lie down and rest till the world needed him.