Chapter 32 - Distrust

"From what you've told Kochou-san that you have the ability to see the future?" Kagaya asked.

"Not really "see" but I am able to know certain events and those futures aren't fixed unless you act accordingly." Ryuu plainly answered.

"Is that so? Then are you sure about their abilities?" Kagaya said.

"Yes, I bet my life on it. I will also provide my help the best I can in exchange for a few things that I need." Ryuu said, getting his attention.

"What would that be?" He asked.

"It's just simple. I want to learn the Breathing form from each of the Hashira. My breathing technique lacks a form which is why I need their advice regarding creating one."

Ryuu was asking a lot from them considering Hashira only trains their successor as they are busy protecting the region they are assigned, training themselves and finding information about Demons.

"Here I offer this."

He pretends to take a bottle from his yukata that contains a strange liquid that made the Hashira ponder what it was beside Shinobu.

Ryuu unsheathed his dagger that he used to cut his arms that started to bleed. He winces in pain but his pain tolerance already increases after getting stronger.

After wounding himself, remove the cup from the bottle pouring the content in the wound that soon rapidly closes the wound as if nothing had happened. Kagaya was surprised to hear what happened.

"This is a medicine that is capable of healing minor to fatal wounds. However, it is unable to regrow limbs and other parts." Ryuu noted, thanking vandalieu for the potion.

"Your offer seems to be more than enough. Even more so, you didn't even try to harm despite having the ability to do so. However, can you kindly free the Hashira?" Kagaya requested.

"Very well."

Ryuu released them and immediately knelt in front of Kagaya first, even Sanemi, who was dying to kill him, showed respect rather than his desires.

"You all heard his request and understood the situation. It is best to cooperate with one another rather than act carelessly." Kagaya said to them.

"I can't accept this! He should be chained until it is confirmed! We can't be certain that he doesn have hidden intention."

Sanemi cried out giving a valid point thinking that he was trying to gain their trust before baring his fang towards them.

Ryuu remained silent looking at Sanemi giving a deadpanned feeling tired at his remarks. He let Kagaya make the final decision since he was not able to convince them that easily. His expression only infuriates The Wind Hashira after being treated as if he was a child.

"I understand your point, that is why I'm letting Kochou-san observe any of his actions and act accordingly if he plans to betray us."

Kagaya calmly explained believing it was only fair and was told by his children that Ryuu was nodding after hearing his words.

"How about this, I'll only study and train those that are willing?"

Ryuu didn't need to study every breathing technique since he only had 5 years to study them and even if his intuition telling him that everything is going to be fine knew how difficult studying a Breathing Form was.

Total Concentration Breathing technique and Breathing form are two completely different things. The former is the basic understanding in flowing your blood to strengthen your physical strength while the latter is the martial art of using the breathing technique.