Friends?- Omar

"He... died? There's no way this is possible!" Omar half whispers from your side on the couch. "She survived?"

You chuckle at his response to the movie. When you read the book you were just as devastated.

"Yeah, they tricked us," you whisper as the credits rolled. You stifle a yawn and place your head on Omar's shoulder. His shoulders tense when you do this, but after a moment he relaxes his muscles.

"Sleepy?" His breath smells minty and tickles your cheek. You allow yourself a slight nod and yawn softly.

"I think this is my new favorite movie," Omar mumbles and you giggle.

"Olly will be talking about how 22 Jump Street is his favorite movie and you're gonna be like 'nah, man. TFIOS is clearly the best'." I peal my head off of his shoulder and grin when he nods.

You switch off the TV and for a while you two sit together in the dark, thinking. There is the distant sound of music playing upstairs by one of the boys. Outside a dog barks at a car horn. That reminds you of how you and Omar met.

You were walking down the street to school when a dog spotted you and bared it's teeth at you. Thinking nothing of it, you continue on to school without a second thought. The same dog barks again. Then again. And one final time before bounding after you. When it nears, it pounces on you and you trip over a stray soda can. You land safely with a thud, however the dog has now perched itself on your chest.

You try to shoo it away, yet when you wave your hands at it, he growls and snaps at your fingers.

"Go! Get off!" You command him. He doesn't to budge.

"Hey, get off her!" A boy yells and scares the dog away. You breath a sigh of relief when he is back in his yard, tail between legs.

The boy offers you a hand which you accept and he pulls you up with ease.

"Thanks for that," you laugh. "I'm Y/N."

"Omar." He smiles at you.

Ever since then you two have been close to each other. Hence the reason for you two to be watching The Fault in our Stars together.

"Remember when we met? That mangy dog just plopped himself on me," I giggle at the memory.

"Omar?" You look around but it's too dark to even see your hand in front of you.

You turn your head to where he was sitting and suddenly feel a soft hand caress your face. You are thankful for the darkness as your cheeks flush. He finds a hair that had escaped your messy bun and tucks it behind your ear gently.

His other hand lays itself on your thigh, in a loving manner. You can feel his breath easier on your chin. You slowly shut your eyes when your lips meet. His hand is softly cupping your cheek and yours are placed on his chest.

It lasted no more than a couple seconds, but you have never enjoyed something as much in your life. You smile and hug him, burying your head in his neck.

Hope you enjoyed! Remember to request your preferences for Alex and I to write!
-Mariah