Oscar Preference for Melanie

The second your eyes open you jump out of bed. Today is the day of your 17th birthday party!

You were also excited because Devin was coming, the guy you like. You run downstairs to check the time. 9:30. The party starts at 8. That should be enough time to get everything ready.

You grab a bowl and some Cheerios and make some cereal for breakfast, then you sit on the couch and catch up on Pretty Little Liars.

*7:30 PM*

"Melanie!!! Everyone should be coming in thirty minutes!!!" Your best friend Bethany squealed.

The first to arrive was your best guy friend, Oscar and his bandmates. Oscar walked up to you and gave you a huge hug and whispered "Happy birthday Mel" then handed you your gift.

"Don't open that until I say so" he winks and said hi to Beth. What was that supposed to mean?

After you greeted a couple more friends, Devin showed up at the door.
"Happy birthday Melanie" he said smiled and handed you a small box wrapped in pink paper.

*later that night

You were having a great time so far with all of your friends and Devin, who seemed to be flirting with you.

A slow song came on and you felt a tap on your shoulder. You turn around and see Devin's beautiful blue eyes looking into yours. "Want to dance?"

He held out his hand and you took it, as he lead you to the dance floor. You wrapped your arms around his neck and swayed back and forth.

Out of the corner of your eye you see Oscar, leaning up against your house alone, drinking a coke. He looked sad.

"I'm sorry Devin, I need to do something" you told him and ran over to Oscar. "What's wrong?"

"It doesn't matter, go dance with your new boyfriend" he said and walked over to Felix. What's his problem?

An hour or two later you hear Oscar trying to get everyone's attention. Once he does, he said "Melanie, you can open your present now" he smiled as you pulled a remote out of the pastel green gift bag.

Confused, you pressed the play button, which was circled in bright pink sharpie. A projection of Oscar showed up on the side of your house.

It was a video of him talking. "Hey Melanie, wow, I can't believe I'm doing this. You have been my best friend for like ever and I wouldn't want anyone else to replace you. You're funny, beautiful, and sweet. I realized it about a year ago, I'm in love with you. And it would make me the happiest man in the world if you would be my girlfriend"

You wiped the tears from your cheeks and saw Oscar blushing. Then a screen with a check yes and no box popped up. You picked up the remote and hit 'select' on the yes box. The crowd of people cheered as Oscar ran up to you and hugged you like he was never gonna see you again.

It took you till now to realize but, you're in love with Oscar too.❤️

Melanie, I hope you like this story as much as I liked writing it!
                                     ~Alex🎀💓🎀