Chapter 16

It's September 2nd, and I'm still suffering from nightmares. Drinking tea doesn't work; the only thing that helped two weeks ago was Satoru. That morning I woke up alone in my room, but I had rested enough to continue my routine.

Training has continued, and I've been fighting curses with the first and second-year students. Satoru, who often travels a couple of times a week, leaves me in charge of them along with Ijichi or Nitta on some missions.

It makes me feel confident that Satoru already knows about the events of October 31st; I know he'll take action. Plus, my hard training has paid off, so I'm more efficient with the sword and using my technique: reality manipulation.

I try to maintain an active and positive attitude in front of the boys, so even if they see my dark circles, they don't think it's because of poor sleep... right? It might just be because I simply stay up late.

Ash, I don't even believe that myself.

Anyway, we're in the car with Ijichi driving, the kids in the backseat, and me in the passenger seat. We received a mission; apparently, a group of curses has gathered in an abandoned school, causing trouble for nearby houses.

When I get out of the car, I receive a call from Satoru.

"Moshi moshi" I answer. I hear his voice responding enthusiastically. I smile.

"I'll be arriving at your location in a few minutes" he informs "I know you'll have everything covered by the time I arrive~~  I laugh at his words.

- Alright, see you soon~

"Y/n~, shall we have lunch together today? he asks, and I feel my heart racing "I miss going out with you~"

"Of course, darling" I reply, and then I realize what I just said. Satoru chuckles softly on the other end of the line. My cheeks start to flush, and I'm left speechless.

We end the call, hearing his voice lifts my spirits a bit. I sigh. Our relationship, if it can be called that, still doesn't have a name.

Satoru takes care of me, and by his side, I feel protected. However, beyond kisses, hugs, or caresses, we haven't really been able to talk and put a name to this relationship. He's away most of the time, putting in too much effort when he dedicates a couple of hours to me. And I'm also very busy.

A yawn escapes my lips, and I stretch a bit before approaching the boys who are talking to Ijichi.

"What happened, Y/n?" Panda asks.

"Satoru called" I reply, and I see Ijichi tense with fear but quickly compose himself  "he said he'll be here in a few minutes."

The students nod.

"Ijichi, can you put up the curtain?"

The man nods at my words as I head to the school with the boys.

Instantly, several curses start to appear and attack us. Maki and Panda start taking care of the first three curses.

"They're not a big deal" Maki says aloud as she finishes off one.

"Yeah, they're at least third-grade" Panda warns.

"Then Toge and I will enter this part of the school" I comment "if we manage to get the first-grade curse, the first round of sushi it's on you guys!"

"Shake!

Toge nods at the challenge along with Maki and Panda, so we split up.

Inside the school, a chill runs through me, and I share a look with Toge. Ah, he felt it too.