Chapter 19

The first two weeks of October go by really fast.

My anticipation for the start of the Shibuya incident doesn't leave me restless, just alert.

Since I moved in with Satoru, I've been able to sleep wonderfully. Satoru was the best thing that happened to me when I was in the real world, and he's the best thing that has happened to me since I arrived in the Jujutsu Kaisen universe.

My routine has stayed the same, except now I wake up early to go with Satoru to Jujutsu Technical School. However, because it's Satoru Gojo we're talking about, we always end up arriving a few minutes late.

I don't want to jinx it, but it seems like this time we do have a chance against the group of curses and Kenjaku. I have a good feeling about the events that are about to unfold soon.

I've talked to Satoru and explained to him about the curtains that will be hanging and other "malicious" sorcerers, as Satoru likes to call them, who will be up to no good. I emphasized that Nanami should always have company under any circumstances, and the best option is Atsuya Kusakabe along with Ino Takuma.

Regarding Nobara, it's not only best for her to have company, but also to be able to escape from the fight with Mahito... otherwise, history will repeat itself, just like the original plot, and, well, after the story modified everything to add me... I suppose that means there will be changes in the future.

Going back to my life with Satoru, there have been days when I've been left alone because he's gone on a trip, and yet I've still been able to sleep well. So, it was just as Satoru had thought: being under the same roof with the presence of Sukuna as his vessel was draining me.

Fortunately, my performance has remained stable due to good rest, and I've been able to successfully complete missions with the guys.

"Takana?"

"Oh?" I stop watering the plants. "Toge, sorry, I think I was about to drown the little plants..."

"Mentaiko~"

"It's okay, thanks," I smile gratefully for his encouragement. I hand him my spray and stand up. "I think I got lost in my thoughts..."

After finishing my chores and training with the first-year guys, I decided to join Toge and help him take care of his garden.

"I think I'm going to prepare to go home," I announce.

Satoru has been out for a couple of days, so I'll have to go home by subway.

Since I left the technical school, I've felt eyes on me, and not the typical furtive glances that happen on the street with strangers.

Someone has been following me, and I confirm it when I get off the subway; the station is crowded, yet I can still feel a heavy gaze drilling into my back.

What's going on? I turn around, and there are just countless pedestrians trying to climb the stairs, just like I am.

Hmmm...

I take out my phone and search through the contacts until I find the one I was looking for:

Satoru♡

I call, but it goes to voicemail... ummm. Oh, I have a message on Line, it's from Satoru. He sent it half an hour ago!

Satoru♡

-Princess, I'm entering a meeting right now. It'll be the most boring hour of my life.

-I can't wait to see you. ♡♡♡

Aww~ how sweet.

Y/n

-See you soon.

-I'm on my way home, I should be there in a couple of minutes... it's weird... I feel like I'm being followed.