Chapter 32

"What do you think?"

That's Satoru's question after sharing his plan. Megumi blinks and furrows his brow, his gaze shifting between the albino and me.

"I don't have an answer right now," he says, scratching his neck. I feel a trickle of embarrassment run down my forehead.

"Poor thing... he's barely waking up." My voice is low.

"It's okay, Megumi," I say, "take your time."

"Oh, I'll go look for Shoko." I say before leaving.

...

After Megumi finishes the spell initiated by Kenjaku, the culling games end, and Tengen is recovered. Interestingly, the process has rejuvenated him, so instead of being a rectangular-faced creature, he appears as a young person with abundant hair and delicate features.

With the barriers secure and Tokyo's restoration underway, the higher-ups decide to loosen their strict regime of laws and death penalties. What's on the table now is a structured order in the Jujutsu world that allows a bit more freedom for sorcerers, so they can develop their power more fully without so many traditions holding them back.

Satoru seems satisfied with the results of what he's achieved. With the Zenin clan almost destroyed, the Gojo clan now leads among the -now- two largest families, followed by the Kamo clan.

Gradually, the world seems to be returning to normal, and it's only been two weeks since Megumi woke up. The difference is that the Jujutsu technical school, along with his sister in Kyoto, has become a center for refuge and training for sorcerers. With all the losses that have occurred and no new descendants from the clans, there are no new sorcerers to teach.

Nevertheless, Satoru and I go there every day. Despite the changes, things are really calm now, which is a relief.

However, he still hasn't given his answer about whether he wants to move in with us or not.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I flip pancakes, and once they're ready, I make a small stack, add a couple of strawberries on top, drizzle some honey and whipped cream. I repeat the steps with another plate, mine.

"Satoru~" I call, "come have breakfast."

I leave the plates on the counter, and it doesn't take long before I have my albino by my side.

"Mmm~~ it smells really good," he says, planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Come on, eat," I encourage him, sitting next to him on the kitchen counter and grabbing my coffee.

Satoru shows me his phone, and I see a large house with a traditional Japanese facade in a spacious countryside setting with a lake. There's a lot of greenery, and it looks really peaceful.

"Do you like it?"

I nod.

"It looks very peaceful and lovely. Where is it?"

"In the end, I opted for Hokkaido," he smiles, looking at me with his beautiful blue eyes, "it's ours."

"Satoru, I love it!" I say excitedly, "when can we go? Oh, by the way, has Megumi said anything to you?"

"No~" he smiles, "but we'll talk about it today."

.

.