Chapter 30

"Red!"  I hear Satoru's voice behind me before feeling someone carrying me in their arms.

"Nanami?" I ask, confused. The blonde sets me down meters away from Sukuna before assuming a fighting stance. My gaze shifts to Sukuna once my feet touch the ground, and I see Kashimo charging at him.

However, Sukuna unleashes a powerful blow that opens up a chasm in the earth and swiftly attacks Kashimo with multiple strikes, leaving him incapacitated. The silver-haired one falls to the ground lifelessly.

My breath catches as I understand that Kashimo won't be able to continue the fight because Sukuna just killed him.

Higuruma attacks without hesitation, joined by Kusakabe. The lawyer manages to confiscate the cursed tool luckily, but I notice Takaba and Yuta are missing, and I can't see Hakari either...

Hmm... I feel worried... Maki went in search of the girls, especially the angel, and now Sukuna has regained his original form.

Damn.

We can't let this get out of hand.

Satoru continues to attack alongside Nanami, and a fierce battle ensues between the three of them, exchanging blows with Sukuna who retaliates with a couple of his own.

Satoru and Nanami step back, Ino moves in, and Choso clasps his hands together in an attempt to attack Sukuna with penetrating blood, but Sukuna pierces his chest with a blow.

Ugh.

"Choso!" Yuji exclaims and joins the fight.

I follow behind him, with Nobara trailing after me.

"Y/n!" Satoru calls out to me, but my gaze drifts to a point near the sky. "Hana!"

"Satoru, come!" I call him.

If Yuji and Nobara manage to touch Megumi's soul by hitting Sukuna... we might be able to communicate with Megumi and perhaps separate their souls once and for all.

Nobara prepares her hammer and pulls out four nails that she hurls at Sukuna. I see blue flames in Yuji's hands as he lands a couple of blows. I draw my sword and launch into the attack:

Sukuna laughs, and my breath catches as I notice he has stopped my attack and is holding my sword with two of his hands.

A cursed energy wave is fired to the side, and I hear Yuji groan. Ugh, I swear Sukuna attacked him with his slashes.

Smoke emanates from his hands as he stops my sword, as if the contact of the sword with his skin is literally burning him, but Sukuna does nothing to avoid it. Instead, he struggles with me until he takes away my sword and tosses it aside. I try to step back, but Sukuna sweeps the ground with a kick that I dodge with a jump.

That's when Sukuna quickly grabs me in mid-air, two of his hands on my waist and the other pair holding my legs.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Nobara shouts.

"Let her go!" Satoru orders. "What's wrong? Can't handle all of us and now you're using Y/n to avoid another attack?"

The albino smiles at him sideways, but I see a dangerous gleam in his eyes.

Sukuna laughs in response.

"Don't you realize?" Sukuna mocks. "The little L/n keeps coming back to me time and time again—because it's destiny! Y/n belongs to me!"

"What are you talking about?" I ask after protesting his grip, and my hands travel to his forearms, feeling a strange tingling in my fingertips. "My family refused to give you another maiden years ago! That's why you destroyed them!"