Chapter 28

⚠️ Manga scenes, may contain spoilers ⚠️

We're all in a spacious room with screens so we can follow the battle from a distance.

Mei Mei has arranged her crows to show everything, just as it happened during the event with the sister schools; and since her betting initiative fell through because we're all going after Sukuna at the same time, she decided that once our group work is finished, she'll charge us a small fee.

I'm sure that fee will be anything but small.

Satoru is with Utahime and Gakuganji atop a building, the woman uses her cursed technique and begins to dance to the strings the old man plays: they use their power to enhance Satoru's cursed technique.

Satoru begins an attack with his utmost strength: Purple Void.

As planned: Miwa would create a barrier before Satoru's attack, so Sukuna wouldn't sense where it's coming from, and just like originally planned, it works. Sukuna is injured by the first blow, but he manages to restore his destroyed hand without issues.

"Good," Sukuna admits, "You caught me off guard... Satoru Gojo."

"But it means nothing, in the end, you're insignificant," he declares, "I'll start by finishing you off, and I'll reclaim what's mine!"

He announces, unleashing a strong wave of cursed energy felt from where we are; we're all watching the screens in silence. Some standing, some sitting.

I feel too restless to watch seated, so I stand a bit back with my arms crossed, attentive to Satoru's signal.

"So why are you wearing that face?" Satoru asks, getting ready, his hand and body posture change, "You wanted me to hold back, didn't you?"

"What a pity for you that I'll fight with all my might," he announces, and I feel his power increasing just like Sukuna did a moment ago, "I'll worry about Megumi... after killing you."

Satoru finishes, and the hand-to-hand combat begins. I swallow nervously and move a bit closer to the screens; Sukuna attacks with a knee strike that Satoru manages to block.

They exchange several blows simultaneously, so fast that it's hard for me to keep up with the pace. The only thing I clearly perceive is Satoru's euphoric face as he attacks and blocks simultaneously.

Sukuna throws a powerful right punch but misses, Satoru barely touches him from the ground with his index finger and throws him forcefully against the wall, destroying a large part of a building.

Satoru wastes no time and kicks him before he can get up, they move to another space, and the albino flies a short distance before throwing part of a building at Sukuna, the curse manages to escape.

I swallow nervously. I know this scene because it's exactly like the original story, my heart starts pounding hard, and I can't help but feel very anxious for my Satoru and poor Megumi... he looks so different with the marks on his face and body...

It gives me chills.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Panda observes, causing several to look at me.

"What worries you?" Kusakabe clicks his tongue, "Gojo started by beating him up, at this point, I doubt he needs us."

I shake my head vigorously.

"No," I swallow, "This is just the beginning, it's Sukuna using the Ten Shadows Technique that we're facing here."

I reply seriously, taking a brief glance at the screen; Satoru and Sukuna are leaving a trail of destruction as they attack each other.

"But Gojo's technique makes him almost invincible," Kusakabe argues, "Sukuna has tried to neutralize him with domain amplification."