xi

It's the night of the dance. I'm getting ready with Alexis. She came over to my house so we can go to the dance together, making Calum and Luke breath taken. We might be exaggerating a bit, but we can dream, right?

I recently told her everything that happened with me and Luke. She almost couldn't believe it. She also considers herself a love finder because she's proud she made me meet Luke. But if you think about it, if I would have never asked Calum about Alexis, this would never have happened.

She told me how thankful she is that I made her ask Calum. She is definitely will be thankful when they get married and live in a mansion with their little children..

When I walk out of the bathroom with my dress on, I look to Alexis for feedback.

Her eyes widen as she looks at me up and down. "You look... perfect. Cass, you literally are stunning. Luke is going to love this!" She exasperates and smiles widely.

My dress is black and tight, but not too tight. It hugs my body just right and lands right above my knees. I'm also not the type to get too dressy or wear high heels, so I wear my Chuck Taylors to top it all off, and luckily I can pull it off. My brown hair is straitened and falls right below my shoulders.

Alexis on the other hand is wearing a pink, flowy dress that comes to her knees and a silver belt that ties around her waist. Her blond hair is in a braid that lands on her shoulder and she wears silver flats that match her belt.

Alexis turns to my mirror to continue to put in her earrings. "So, will it be too award to see Mike at the dance?"

The question makes me widen my eyes. "He's still going?" I question.

"Yeah, Cal said he is at least." She sighs. "Guess you'll have to try and avoid him. It shouldn't be that hard."

I shake my head, "No, you don't understand. He will either stare at me like I killed his cat or he will try to swoon me. Or both." I role my eyes.

"Well, hey on the bright side at least you'll be with Luke." She smiles but then stops, "Do you know how many people will be pointing and whispering at you?"

I finish my last eye for eyeliner and I nod. "Yeah, but I don't care. I love him." I say, confident in my reply.

She smiles at my remark. "Calum told me that last night when he took me to the Edgewater Café..." She smiles at her hands.

I raise my eyebrow. "Did you say it back?"

Her face turns bright red. "Well, besides the fact I almost fainted, yeah I eventually did when I remembered how to speak." She laughs.

I shake my head and smile. "Let's go."

Luke should be there. At least, I think he is. My house is just a few minutes away from the school, so we don't mind walking there. As we step out into the sidewalk, I notice someone in the park, I immediately pop up, think that it's Luke. And as we get closer, we both recognize his broad shoulders and his jawline in the silhouette of the moonlight.

"Uh, go ahead. I'll catch up." I tell Alexis quietly.

"Are you sure, I mean I can wait..." She replies in a whisper.

"Oh, no it's fine. Cal is waiting for you anyway." I assure. She hugs me and heads towards the school.

When she is pretty much out of sight, I go to the tree that he is smoking against. I try not to scare him, so I lay my hand up onto his shoulder. He jumped a little and looked back. His eyes seem stressed and full of worry.

"Are you okay, Luke?" I ask, making him face me.

"Yeah..." He trails off and looking at his cigarette. "I just... I don't think I can be in front of all those people without having a panic attack.."

I immediately feel terrible. I wish he could socialize like a normal being without being labeled. If only people knew him like I do...

I made him feel like he was worth something at his lowest but them I ruined it all. And there is no way I am letting that happen again. He is the definition of desire, and I need to show him. Unashamed.

The world is full of damned souls and broken hearts, and the only way to fix it is fixing it yourself, whether you are the only one doing it or not.

I bite my lip as if I'm going to cry. I want to hug him until I put all his broken pieces back together. But, I can't. I'm just a human, just like he is.

I wrap my arms around his chest. I look up and smile a reassuring smile. "I will walk in there, and show you off like a favorite song. I will show everyone that you are just as human as they are, but better. You just have to trust me." I say gently, watching his eyes dance with moonlight. His mouth twitches in a smile.

I take his hand and lead him to the dance, and I couldn't be more proud to have him by my side.

"You look beautiful tonight, Cassidy." He inputs as we begin to walk. I look up to see his eyes rome my body and study my eyes. "As always."

I can't help but blush. I just want to take him and keep him forever. Which is why I think part of the reason we hold so tight is because we fear something so great won't happen twice.

He begins to become edgy when we come to the door. I give him another assuring smile and I lead him in.

We walk in on perfect timing. The music has slowed down for people to dance together. I see Alexis and Calum get together in the corner, dancing swiftly. Alexis catches my eye and waves and I slightly wave a welcoming wave back.

I look up to Luke and take him to the middle of the room. I ignore the stares and whispers that are flooding towards us. Luke bites his lip, extremely uncomfortable. But I make sure he knows that I am here for him.

I look up once again "Just keep your eyes on me, and forget anyone is around." I whisper.

I stand on my tiptoes, wrapping my arms around his neck. He longs into my eyes and immediately wrapped his arms around my waist. I crave him to be right against me, so I remove the empty space between us. I step on my tiptoes onto the tip of his shoes, so I move the same swift moves as him.

We let the music take over our body as we stare into each other's eyes as if they are telling a story.

When the song is over, I look around to see stares. I feel that Luke is uncomfortable. I feel as if I need to do something about it. So, I will. Just watch me.