Chapter 13-- Part Dos

#Team Tanny

Teegan's POV

"Mom is that you." I say to the person on the other side of the phone.

"Yes baby it's me." She says. Hearing her voice brings tears to my eyes and I have to sit down before I become to overwhelmed.

"Mommy I miss you and dad soooo much and I have so much to tell you."

"And u can't wait to hear it but I really need to tell you something important baby." She says with a sound of urgency in her voice.

"What is it Mommy?"

"Baby were in more trouble than We thought, and we are gonna need you to stay down there longer than expected."

Okay I'm fine with that." I tell her confused.

"Yeah that I know. But baby I need you to do something for me okay?"

"Yeah mommy anything that you want to do I'll do it."

"Ca Nia is the first thing I need you to do, and the second thing is to not trust anybody that comes off as suspicious to you. Mommy loves you baby." And she was gone.

Right after the call was over I grabbed my cell phone and dialed Nia's number.

She answered on the second ring so I knew that she was waiting for me to call.

Me: You freaking knew didn't you.

Nia: Teegan listen I was gonna tell you I just didn't know how or when would be a good time.

Me: What the hell do you mean you didn't know how or when to tell me. How about the week you came here to see me Nia. This wasn't something that you should I kept from Me.

I was truly hurt at this point.

Nia: I know Teegs but-

Me: No Nia there are no buts in this situation. My parents are in more trouble that they thought. Probably you, Jamal and all the friends I've made here are in trouble too. And maybe even me
And my best friend didn't even have the audacity to tell. How about you talk to me when you get the the right idea of what a best friend is in check. Goodbye Nia.

And I hang up. After both of my conversations I am emotionally drained and exhausted. At this point I only wanted two things. Sleep and Manny.

Climbing up the stairs I immediately walk into his room. He's laying in his bed watching tv only wearing a pair of boxers.

After stripping of my shorts and bra I walk over to him. He watches me the whole time a look of worry etched in his beautiful face. I climb into bed with him, getting nice and cozy under the covers.

Immediately Manny wraps his hands around my waist bringing my back to his naked chest. I shiver at the contact. Kissing my neck he says that everything is gonna be alright and I try to believe him.

"I know." I say turning towards him. "Because I have you to protect me." I say as I snuggle into his chest and fall asleep. Content and happy.
......................
Part two is done. Two more parts and they get juicer every time. The next chapter will skip to two weeks later. Thanks for reading.