Chapter 11 PART 1: Fighting with Destiny

Eira was sitting on her bed, listening to the player given to her by Cyril on their first month while watching the leaves on the tree outside her window start to fall one by one

Mrs. Choi was busy making the matching scarf she was planning to give her daughter and nephew since it was starting to get cold, the one for Benedict was already done and she was now halfway done with Eira's. 

Both of them were nervous but being the ladies that they are, they both refused to dwell on that and so silence reigned inside the room

Mrs. Choi glanced at the watch she was wearing and she saw that it was already 12 noon which means her daughter would be called any minute. 

She felt her palms sweat and her hands start to shake so she carefully placed the unfinished scarf in the box beside the finished one and closed the lid. She took in a deep breath and pocketed her hands, lightly gripping her mobile.

Eira was still immersed in her own thoughts that she didn't notice that her mother was now standing beside her. Somehow Mrs. Choi was thankful for that because she had time to compose a smile on her face despite all the butterflies flying inside her stomach. 

A soft few pats on Eira's hand and she finally looked at her mother's direction. She smiled softly and took off one of the earphones, "mom? what is it?"

Mrs. Choi smiled and softly shook her head, "nothing much... I just got bored. What are you listening to?"

Eira grinned, "my Cyril playlist... what else?"

Mrs. Choi had to fight the urge to wrap her arms around her daughter and cry. Her daughter was too young, too vibrant and too alive to have this kind of illness. 

She wished that it was her on that bed and not her daughter who was just twenty-two... she had so much to achieve, she was talented and bright.

"Mommy? Are you all right?"

Eira's voice took Mrs. Choi out of her trance and she smiled shakily at her daughter, "of course dear. Why did you ask that?"

Eira's face mirrored the sadness on her mother's face and she took one of her hands on her in her own, "Because you are crying mommy..."