That's a Child!?!? - AU

"And that is the end of the sorting!"

Crowley said that with a flourish with many of the newly sorted students now getting to know their new dormmates and dorm leaders. He sighed warily while feeling satisfied that the sorting was over. Nothing against the students, oh he loved new students! But it does get tedious over the years along with headaches of the more egotistical ones. 

"Headmaster! There's a coffin still locked!"

"Eh? One of the coffins didn't open?"

Odd, Crowley remembered that he unlocked all the coffins but how did one allude him? He sighed internally as he heard many of the student's whisper and gossip of the locked coffin. Rosehearts looked especially miffed with Leona not far behind. 

As Crowley got up to the locked coffin did, he see that it was barer than the other coffins. Every coffin of Night Raven had various designs on the lids yet this one was bare as a piece of single cloth. A nagging feeling settled in as he opened the coffin to only stiffen once it was fully open.

"Eh, the Headmaster is frozen?"

"Is there nothing in the coffin?"

"Did something go wrong in the process?"

All the voices immediately stopped as a body thumped to the floor.

A child.

A child just jumped out of the coffin.

A child with giant moth-like wings that were iridescent in color and oh my seven the child was looking at them with the most puppy dog eyes! 

Then tears immediately fell from their eyes.

Then a loud screeching was calling out.