Chapter~ 10 Support

Vinaya

This is the first time that Aarav and I are sitting together like this. He doesn't seem to be affected by it at all, but here I am who can't even sit straight and talk normally. Although I was the one who took the initiative today, I better not make any stiff movements which make both of us awkward .

He seems to get serious as he started to tell me about the reason for his concern.

"Vinaya. In my family, both my mom & dad are jobholders. You see actually my dad is a small businessman. Recently, he invested a huge amount of money in a whole sale business. But unfortunately it didn't go as planned. He worked in partnership with a man he used to know. But he betrayed his promise of the shares of the business. Due to that we're facing a debt.

"My mom is graduated in btech. So she's working in a corporate company way before I was born. She never shows it, but she can't take all the burden by herself. That day when I left early, I received a text from her that she's extending hours. And this is definitely not a good idea. I can't see both of them working so hard all day long so that i can smoothly have everything when they won't even let me know anything ".

" So I am searching for a part time job these days. It won't help much but still I want to help in any way possible".

Seeing Aarav facing such a hard time all alone breaks my heart. I am sure he doesn't even have someone to share his problems with. But now that he's sharing things like that with me, I won't just sit and console him. I will help him through this. I am sure there must be something that I can do for him. I need to think about this deeply. There must be a way.

"Have you told your parents that you're searching for a job"? I ask him.

" Not yet. I am sure that if I tell them about this they'll directly say no to this. They would tell me to focus only on my studies. They'll take care of the rest".

"You're right there. They can't see you work along with school". But Aarav, are you sure? I mean it'll be a tough job to manage both at the same time. Especially when you're hiding this from your parents".

"Yeah. This will be hard .But it'll be even harder to see them while I can't do anything".

" Wow. You're such a great son. I am sure your parents won't know what a nice son they have--

Oops. Did I just spell whatever came to my mind? Yes.

"Pfff. Haha really? You think so".

" Well. Y- Yeah. You're supporting them in every way possible so of course that'll be true. Haha".

Urgh. My damn mouth.

"Aarav, I know this is a tough situation for you. But please don't pressure yourself too much. Your parents won't ever like seeing their child suffer. So take it easy. Find a job which have less working hours. And take time to find which one offers the best. Even though it pays lesser than the other, take on something which is less burdening for you".

"Yes. You're right Vinaya.. I'll keep that in mind".

" Hm. And of course don't skip any meals. Okay? I can't do anything without eating food . So it should be your first priority to stay healthy. Okay..?

" Haha. Yes I got it".

( smile)" Please do tell me if you need any help with anything. Like you know the school projects and stuff. I am really good in those hehe. "

"Thank you,Vinaya. It feels soo much better now that I shared it with someone. I am so lucky to get your support" Thank you so much really"!

"No need to say thank you. That's what are friends here for".

Aarav
(At home~)

Friends? So did we take a gradual shift from acquaintances to friends!!!!

It's already been a long day today. I'll look for more vacancies tomorrow. Hah.
I should just get some sleep for now.

Vinaya(At home~)

Vinaya
(At home~)

Is there any way to help him out? There must be.

"Vinaya! Come down stairs!! Dinner's ready".

"Coming, mom"!!

"Vinaya, do you like going to the library? did you make any friends there"..? Says dad.

" Oh! Yess i did dad. The owner's sister is Allysa. The one who was in 8th grade with me? We met there the day before yesterday".

"That's good that you have somebody you know there".

"What about you dad?? How's work hehehe"!!

"Haha. Work is good dear".

" What about the vacancy you were talking about? Is someone hired yet"? Says mom.

"No. We can't really seem to find some one who fits the job".

Huh...!

There's aaa waay!! I can help Aarav!