Friend (4)

(This one's longer, my bad)

Blade trained with you everyday from then on out, you two rarely taking breaks. Currently, you two were dueling once more with the rest of the Stellaron hunters watching. “Kick his ass, Rhea!!” Silver Wolf cheered. You smirked but your gaze never left Blade as he swung his sword towards you. You parried it, knocking it out of his grasp.You pointed the naginata at Blade before smiling. “You busted.” 

Blade's eyes shone with someone you couldn't name before he laughed dryly. “So it seems…”
Firefly and Silver Wolf cheered loudly for you, meanwhile Kafka just stood there laughing lightly. You held your hand out to Blade who to your surprise took it. “Guess I surpassed the master, huh?” you teased.
“Not even close, I was barely fighting back.” he said smugly.
“Oh c'mon!! At least give me some credit…” you whined
“Maybe when you stop acting all ‘high and mighty’.”
“Blade!” you pouted causing him to roll his eyes with a smirk.

After some time, Blade saw you walk away with Firefly and Silver Wolf, happily chatting with them. “... does that prophecy still seem so far-fetched, Bladie?” Kafka asked, coming up to stand next to him.
“What do you mean?”
“I've seen the way you look at her, the way your Mara seems to subside in her presence… you care about her, Bladie.” she said, checking her nails before turning to him. Blade didn't respond. She's not exactly wrong… he caught himself thinking.
“Has Elio told you anything else… About the script…?” he asked.
“Containing you and her? No, not yet. Still the same as it's always been.” Blade hummed in response. “I have heard however that he is planning on putting you two on the next mission with Firefly.”
“... isn't it too soon to be putting her on a mission?” he asked.
“Well, that's why you've been training with her, is it not? Or was there an alternative motive?” Kafka asked, smiling smugly at Blade. “Well, whatever the case is… I'm glad you two seem to be getting along.”
All Blade could do was nod as he heard you laughing with Silver Wolf and Firefly from the other room. His chest tightened as he let out a long sigh. “I don't know how much longer I can keep this whole ordeal from her…” he muttered.
“There will be a proper time and place for you to tell her, that much is certain.” Kafka smiled. “Till then… don't scare her off, yeah?”

“Silver!! What the hell was that cheap trick!?” you yelled at her as she snickered.
“You think I'm just going to let you win!? Think again!!” she laughed.
“R-rhea.. watch out!” Firefly gasped as Silver Wolf began to target you. You tried to run away, but you were too late. You fell into the void and died.
“... Silver… why would you even do that… we… we were on the same team…” you groaned.
“Obviously I need to be the M.V.P! Can't let you carry our whole team!” she declared.
“So you killed her!?” Firefly exclaimed.
“All's fair in love and bedwars!” Silver Wolf laughed triumphantly.
You rolled your eyes before checking your phone and texting Blade.

You: “Remind me to steal Silver Wolf’s laptop later.”
Edgy man: 👍

Firefly peered over at your phone before laughing lightly. “Aw, he actually responded to you!”
“I-is that a problem?” you asked.
“Oh, no! Not at all… he typically doesn't use his phone… let alone text anyone back..” Firefly muttered. “Guess you're special!”
You laughed, rolling your eyes. “Please… am not.” Silver Wolf then screamed before slumping over defeated causing you and Firefly to burst out laughing. “Y-you die or something?” you teased.
“S-shut up…” she pouted.
You all heard a light knock on the wall. You turned around to be met by Elio. “U-um… pardon me for interrupting… but aren't you supposed to be setting up the details for the next mission, Silver Wolf?” he asked with a smile.
Silver Wolf jumped before sighing. “Y-yeah… I'll get to that… sorry boss man.”
“W-wait… mission? Where are you guys going?” you asked.
“Oh, hasn't anyone told you? You, Blade and Firefly are going to Penacony.” Elio explained.
“P-penacony!? Seriously!?” you gasped.
“O-oh… yeah.. I was supposed to tell you! We're going after the watchmaker's legacy.” Firefly exclaimed.
“The what now?”
“Too long to explain… just roll with it.” Silver Wolf sighed.
“I suggest you start gathering your belongings that you need and would like to bring along with you.” Elio said.
“G-got it!”