Chapter 26

I'm together with Draco and like Ginny said he has changed a lot otherwise I wouldn't be with him don't you think?' Hermione said fast.
'I always considered you as the smartest one of all of us.' George said looking down.
'So if you're sure he has really changed, I believe you.' George said after a moment of silence looking back up at Hermione.
'Though I have to speak to him.' George said.
Hermione widened her eyes.
'Why?' She asked.
'I just want to let him know, that if he does anything, ANYTHING that hurts you I'm going to kill him.' George said with a little smirk.
'You're like a younger sister to me and I don't want you to be left heartbroken because that piece of shit left you like that.' George said.
'George! Don't call him that.' Hermione said.
'But thank you.' Hermione said with a smile.
She was an only child, so it was nice to know that he felt like he was her older brother. Someone who protect you no matter what.
'Aw look at this, this is so sentimental.' Ginny said acting like she was crying.
'Gin shut it.' George and Hermione said in unison.
Hermione stood up and gave George a hug.
'But if he's your brother that means we're sisters!' Ginny said enthusiastic.
Hermione rolled her eyes laughing.
'Mentally we're sisters.' Hermione said laughing.
'Great! Always wanted to have a sister.' Ginny said.
'Autch that hurts.' George said placing a hand over his heart.
Ginny laughed.
'Still love you.' Ginny said.
'Too much sentimental stuff for one day girls, gonna leave you alone now before I start acting like one.' George said smiling.
Hermione and Ginny smiled up at George and he walked away.
'He got mad! He promised he wouldn't!' Ginny realised out of the sudden.
'GEORGE!' Ginny yelled.
'Yeah?' George asked coming back.
'You broke your promise!' Ginny said.
'Luckily it wasn't an unbreakable vow then.' George said laughing and he walked away again.
Ginny rolled her eyes and looked at Hermione.
'That was strange, he was mad at me, though I'm just friends with Draco and you're together with him and he's not even mad at you!' Ginny said.
Hermione shrugged.
'Maybe I'm his favourite sister.' Hermione said.
'Sure you are.' Ginny said laughing pushing Hermione slightly.
Ginny and Hermione talked for a while and then fell asleep. The next morning it was Christmas.
'Hermione wake up!' Ginny said shrugging Hermione's shoulder.
'Hermione! Wake up! It's Christmas.' Ginny said shrugging harder.
Hermione opened her eyes and frowned.
'Why did you wake me up?' Hermione asked.
'It is Christmas, c'mon presents are waiting for us to open them.' Ginny said.
'I hear them say my name.' Ginny said.
Ginny looked like a little child who was overexcited. Hermione laughed and shook her head.
'Gosh Gin calm down.' Hermione said sitting up straight.
'C'mon then.' Ginny said.
Hermione rolled her eyes and got out of her bed. She walked with Ginny downstairs where almost everyone already was sitting. They said good morning and then wrapped their presents open. Hermione got from the most people a book, because she asked to, and of course a knitted sweater from Mrs. Weasley. She thanked everyone smiling and put the sweater on. They ate breakfast and got dressed. For the rest of the day they all just played games or did their own things. Hermione was just upstairs to pack one of her books so she could read while the others played Quidditch in the backyard in the snow. Then an eagle owl ticked on the window of Ginny's room. Hermione walked towards the room and opened it. The eagle owl flew inside dropped the packets on Hermione's bed and flew back out of the window. Hermione closed the window and walked towards her bed. She packed the packets and the envelope. She opened the envelope and packed the letter out of it.

Dear Hermione,

I hope you're having a great holiday over there with the Weasleys. I really miss you and I would've loved to spend the whole holiday together. It's fine over here, my mother is trying to be happy, but I can see she isn't. I know for sure that it is because of my father's trial. I'm trying to distract her with games and stuff, but it's hard for her. You wrote in your letter that Andromeda and Teddy are coming over, I told my mom and she got a small smile on her face, I think she's going to try and contact her sister. That would be good for her, to spend some time with the sister she couldn't talk to for ages, to put her mind to something else. I hope you'll like the gift I got you, I think it fits you perfectly love. Merry Christmas and we'll see each other on King's Cross Station. Say hi to the others from me.