Chapter 39

‘Oh my gosh.’ Hermione gasped placing her hands in front of her mouth as another tear rolled down her cheek.
‘What’s wrong?’ Draco asked coming out of his bed and fast walking towards Hermione.
He kneeled down beside her as she had slit down against the wall onto the floor.
‘Hermione?’ Draco asked as he looked at her.
He didn’t really know what to do right now, normally he had wrapped his arms around her, but with what just a hour ago had happened, that wasn’t a great idea to do.
‘Oh whatever.’ Draco thought and he fast wrapped his arms around Hermione and pressed her close to him. Hermione buried her face in his chest as tears rolled down her cheeks.
‘Sssh, it’s alright.’ Draco said shushing as he slowly rubbed her arm.
Draco let her be like this for a few minutes until she stopped sobbing. Hermione lifted her head up, but didn’t look at Draco. She stared at his bed.
‘Why are you so upset?’ Draco asked carefully.
Hermione turned her head towards Draco.
‘I’m sorry.’ Hermione said.
‘For what? Don’t be sorry for this, because it doesn’t matter, I will always be here for you when you need someone.’ Draco said.
‘That’s just the problem.’ Hermione said softly.
‘What do you mean?’ Draco asked.
‘I lost my memory Draco, I can’t remember what has happened and I doubt it will ever come back again. You say you’re here for me, but I can’t be there for you like you want me to.’ Hermione said.
Hermione could see the hurt in Draco’s face.
‘I’m sorry Draco.’ She said as another tear rolled down her cheek.
Hermione stood up and ran out of his room, leaving Draco there alone and hurt.

‘Where is Hermione?’ Ginny asked when she almost ran into him in the corridor.
‘Still in her room I guess.’ Draco said and he wanted to walk further.
‘Ho! Stop it! What happened?’ Ginny asked grabbing his wrist.
‘I don’t know exactly.’ Draco said.
‘I gave her the notebook, you know, where I wrote everything in about what has happened.’
Ginny nodded.
‘She read it and then she came running into my room, she asked if everything was true, I said yes and then she cried on the ground.’
‘You’ve comforted her right?’ Ginny asked.
‘Of course.’
‘But what is wrong then?’
‘I told her that I would always be there for her when she needed someone, then she told me that was the problem and that she could never be there for me like I wanted to.’ Draco told her.
‘And what does she mean with that?’ Ginny asked.
‘I don’t know exactly, but I tried to talk to her this morning. She send me away and didn’t want to talk to me.’ Draco said.
‘I’ll come with you to your dormitory and I’ll talk to her.’ Ginny said.
Draco nodded and they walked up the stairs.
‘Time turner.’ Draco said softly so that Snape only could hear it.
The portrait opened and they walked through.
‘She’s in her room I guess.’ Draco said.
Ginny nodded and made her way over to Hermione’s room.
‘Hermione?’ Ginny said as she knocked on her door.
‘Hermione!’

‘Hermione?’ Hermione heard Ginny say from the other side of the door.
‘Hermione come on open the door.’ Ginny said.
Hermione sighed and got out of bed. She walked to the door and opened it. Ginny gave her a worried look and Hermione walked back to her bed.
‘What?’ Hermione asked.
‘What happened?’ Ginny asked closing the door behind her and sitting down on Hermione’s bed.
‘I’ve got a headache.’ Hermione said.
‘I’ll get you aspirins after you told me.’ Ginny said.
Hermione sighed.
‘It’s Draco.’ Hermione said.
‘What about him?’ Ginny asked.
‘He needs me, I can see it, but I can’t do anything for him.’ Hermione said.
Ginny looked down at her hands and then back up at Hermione.
‘Believe me I want to have my memory back, but I can’t fall in love with him, just to make him feel better.’ Hermione said.
‘I would do it, but I can’t.’ Hermione said.
Ginny nodded.
‘I don’t know what to do.’ Hermione said as a tear rolled down her cheek.
Ginny wrapped her arms around Hermione and gave her a tight hug.
‘Nothing, you don’t have to do anything.’ Ginny said.
‘I’ve read what has happened, I know everything now.’ Hermione said as tears rolled down her cheeks.
‘He has been amazing for me, just everything that he did, everything that he felt.’ Hermione said.
Ginny pulled away and wiped Hermione’s tears away.
‘And it sucks that I’ve lost it, I’ve lost every single feeling I had for him.’ Hermione said.
‘Have patience and maybe they will come back.’ Ginny said.
‘Or not.’ Hermione said.
‘You both need to move on and see what the future brings, if it was meant to be you will come back together again.’ Ginny said.
Hermione looked up at her.
‘Thank you Gin.’
‘No problem.’

‘It will be okay.’ Ginny said.
‘I don’t know about that one, I’ve heard what she told you.’ Draco said.
‘I’ve got a feeling this will end up alright.’ Ginny said.
‘How?’ Draco asked.
‘The feelings she had for you, they’re still there, they’re only pushed far away.’ Ginny said.
‘How do you know?’ Draco asked.
‘She said she wanted to fall in love with you again, but she can’t.’ Ginny said.
‘How is this ever going to end “alright”?’ Draco asked.
‘She wants to, you only have to show her the love you’ve given her before the whole memory loss thing.’ Ginny said.
‘Easier said than done.’ Draco said.
‘Of course, think, come up with something.’ Ginny said.
‘I’ll try.’ Draco said.
‘I’m going back to the Gryffindor Tower, you know where to find me if you need me.’ Ginny said.
Draco nodded.
‘Thank you Ginny.’ Draco said.
‘Of course, there are friends for.’ Ginny said and she walked out of the common room.
Draco smiled and grabbed his book.

The rest of the week Draco had been thinking of something, but he couldn’t come up with anything that could work.  Hermione had been avoiding him as much as possible the first three days, but Draco constantly tried to talk to her and eventually she listened. It was a normal conversation, not about what has been happening, just a conversation they would’ve had when they were together, about everything and nothing. Draco walked up the stairs and he stopped in front of Snape’s portrait.
‘Good day Professor.’ Draco said.
‘Hello.’ Snape said.
‘How is the whole thing?’ Snape asked.
Draco looked up at Snape with a questioning face.
‘The memory thing.’ Snape said.
‘Oh that, well not really great.’ Draco said.
‘Why not?’ Snape asked.
‘She still can’t remember anything even after reading the notebook I’ve wrote for her with everything that has been happening in it.’ Draco told him.
‘But she’s talking to you again right?’ Snape asked.
Draco nodded.
‘Luckily.’ Draco said.
‘I’ve been thinking.’ Snape said.
‘Me too.’ Draco said.
Snape rolled his eyes.
‘But the only thing you have to do is think.’ Snape said.
‘What do you think I’ve been doing the past week?’ Draco asked.
‘It’s so clear, think.’ Snape said.
‘Why don’t you just tell me what it is?’ Draco asked.
‘No you need to find out on your own.’ Snape said.
‘Think.’ Snape said.
‘I’ve been thinking the whole week, my brains hurt.’ Draco said.
‘Poor you, now think.’ Snape said.
‘The closer you are, the less you’ll see.’ Snape said.
‘That’s nonsense.’ Draco said.
‘It’s not.’ Snape said.
‘Think, it’s not hard to find out what you need.’ Snape said.
‘Apparently it is.’ Draco said.
‘Mister Malfoy think.’ Snape said.
‘Time turner.’ Draco said, but Snape didn’t open the portrait.
‘I said think.’ Snape said.
‘And I said Time Turner.’ Draco said.
‘Think.’ Snape said.
‘I said the password, let me through.’ Draco said.
‘THINK!’ Snape said.
‘TIME TUR-NER.’ Draco shouted.
Then Draco realised what Snape wanted to make clear.
‘Time Turner.’ Draco whispered.
Snape looked down at Draco.
‘Time Turner, of course why didn’t I think of that earlier?’ Draco said.
‘Thank you.’ Draco said.
‘I have no idea what you’re talking about.’ Snape said.
‘Time Turner.’ Draco said.
Snape opened the portrait and Draco ran inside.

A/N:

Has Draco finally got something to give Hermione her memory back? Or will this plan be a no go? Will her feelings for Draco come back?
Thank you all for reading, voting, adding and commenting on the story it means a lot, and it has to be said you're all a-ma-zing!
I'll try to finish the new chapter soon :) hope you like the story and if you're having vacation I hope you're having a great vacation :D

xoxo -C