Chapter 40

Draco hurried towards Hermione’s room and started his search for the necklace. He searched in her desk drawer, in her closet and even under her bed. Then the door opened and Draco looked up from the floor.
‘What are you doing?’ Hermione asked with her eyebrows raised.
‘I was searching for something.’ Draco said.
‘In my room?’ Hermione asked.
‘Oh erm…. wrong room, I should go.’ Draco said.
Draco passed Hermione in the door opening and walked towards his room.
‘That was not weird at all.’ Hermione said walking into her own room and closing the door behind her.
‘DRACO!’ Hermione yelled.
Draco opened the door a few seconds later and practically ran in.
‘What?’ Draco asked warily.
‘What have you done?’ Hermione said looking at the mess he made of her closet.
‘I thought you were dying.’ Draco said.
‘What have you done?’ Hermione repeated.
‘I’m coming!’ Draco said turning around.
‘No one called you Malfoy!’ Hermione said grabbing his arm.
‘Are you nuts?’ Hermione said.
‘Define nuts.’ Draco said.
Hermione growled.
‘Do you want me to he-‘ Draco started.
‘Just go.’ Hermione said.
‘Are you sure? I can help cle-‘ Draco started.
‘Out Malfoy.’ Hermione said pushing him out of her room and closing the door before his nose.
‘And when I’m ready cleaning up YOUR mess, you can tell me truth.’ Hermione said.
She started to put her clothes back in place and her books in the right order. He had even made a mess of her jewellery  box. She didn’t really appreciate it when people made a mess of her stuff, especially when they didn’t even asked, but who would?
‘Now tell me Dra-‘
‘Malfoy!’ Hermione hissed when she didn’t see him in the common room.
‘Are you freaking kidding me?’ Hermione said as she threw her hands in the air.
‘Oh boy you’re going to tell me the truth if you like it or not.’ Hermione sighed and she sat down in her chair in front of the fire.
She grabbed the book that was laying on it and started to read. It was two hours later and then the portrait opened and Draco walked in with a smirk on his face.
‘Well, well, well, see who we’ve got here.’ Hermione said looking up from her book.
‘Hi.’ Draco said with a small smile and sat down in his chair next to Hermione.
‘Aren’t you going to tell me something?’ Hermione said a she hadn’t  turned her gaze back to her book.
‘Am I?’ Draco asked.
‘Yes you are.’ Hermione said.
‘About what?’
‘Maybe about the mess you made of MY room.’
‘Oh thaaat.’
‘Yes that.’ Hermione said with a friendly smile on her face.
‘I thought I was in my room.’ Draco said.
‘Dude that’s not possible unless you’re colour blind, because one; my room is red and yours is green, secondly you obviously aren’t wearing girls clothes and third you’re not wearing any jewellery except for the silver ring with the snake.’ Hermione stated.
‘I lost my contact.’ Draco said.
‘Your contact? You don’t even need contacts.’ Hermione said.
‘Yes I do.’ Draco said.
‘No you don’t.’ Hermione said.
‘How can you know?’ Draco asked.
‘Because I’ve heard you talk about your “perfect” eyes a few years ago.’ Hermione said.
‘Great memory you’ve got there.’ Draco said.
‘But that was a lie.’ Draco said.
‘You’ve really got contacts?’ Hermione asked.
Draco nodded.
‘Hmm hadn’t expect that one.’ Hermione said.
Draco stood up and walked away.
‘What are you going to do?’
‘Getting a new shirt as Blaise ruined this one.’ Draco said.
‘Your room is through the LEFT door.’ Hermione joked.
‘I get it, I get it.’ Draco said.
‘Just to remind you.’ Hermione chuckled and she read further.

‘Draco are you coming?’ Hermione asked knocking on his bedroom door.
‘No, I want to finish this.’ Draco said.
‘Okay, see you downstairs then.’ Hermione said and she walked out of their common room.
Draco waited until he knew for sure she was gone and then he fast walked towards her room to go further with his search to the Time Turner. He looked again in her jewellery box and couldn’t find it. Then he found the necklace he had given Hermione and he pulled it out. He looked at it and there appeared a small smile on his face. He put it back and turned around, he looked at the clock in Hermione’s room and saw that dinner was almost over. He fast looked if everything was in the right place and then walked out of her room. Just in time, because Hermione just came through the door.
‘Why weren’t you at dinner?’ Hermione asked.
‘I just finished the book.’ Draco said.
‘You stayed here because you wanted to finish a book?’ Hermione asked.
Draco nodded.
‘You really need to sort out your priorities.’ Hermione chuckled.
‘Come on.’ She said.
‘To where?’ He asked.
‘Come on.’ She laughed and she grabbed his wrist.
She dragged him out of their common room and down the stairs.
‘Where are we going?’ Draco asked.
‘You’ll see.’
They went down the stairs and ended up in the kitchen of the castle.
‘Honey can you please make this young man some food?’ Hermione asked the house elf that appeared in front of them.
‘Of course Miss Granger.’ Honey said smiling.
‘Hello Mister Malfoy.’ Honey said.
‘Hello Honey.’ Draco said smiling and the house elf disappeared again to get some food.
‘How do you know her?’ Hermione asked.
‘You brought me here when I didn’t got dinner.’ Draco said.
‘Really? I did?’ Hermione asked surprised.
Draco nodded.
‘Is this alright for Mister Draco?’ Honey asked as she came back with a plate filled with food.
‘Yes, thank you.’ Draco said smiling.
He got the plate and put it down on the table. He sat down and started on his food.
‘Here get some.’ Draco said shoving his plate towards Hermione who was sitting in front of him.
‘I’ve already had dinner.’ Hermione said.
‘There is always place for more.’ Draco said smirking.
‘Really, I’m full.’ Hermione said.
‘Sure you are.’
‘I am.’
Draco had grabbed a piece of chicken and leaned over the table trying to put it in Hermione’s mouth, but she turned her head away and kept her mouth closed.
‘Come on.’ Draco said.
Hermione shook her head smirking.
‘Miss Granger?’ Honey asked.
Hermione turned her head.
‘Yes?’ She asked and just at that moment Draco pushed the piece of chicken into her mouth.
‘Oh my goodness Draco!’ Hermione said laughing.
‘Nailed it.’ Draco said eating further.
‘Would you like to have something?’ Honey asked.
‘Oh n-‘ Hermione started.
‘She would like to have some fruit, thank you Honey.’ Draco said smiling.
Honey gave him a smile and nodded. Hermione turned back to Draco.
‘Malfoy!’
‘Granger.’
‘I’m not hungry.’ Hermione said.
‘Yes you are, you just almost ate all of my chicken, luckily I’m so strong that I could stop you from eating my food.’ Draco said.
Hermione laughed.
‘Liar.’ Hermione said.
‘I prefer the term fun guy.’ Draco said smirking.
Hermione rolled her eyes and then Honey came back with a plate with fruit on it.
‘Thank you Honey.’ Hermione said politely as she got the plate placed in front of her.
‘Miss Granger is welcome.’ Honey said.
‘Miss Granger has been away for long time.’ Honey said.
‘Yes I was, I had an accident.’ Hermione said.
‘Honey heard everything about it, the stupid girl ruined everything for Miss Granger and Mister Malfoy.’ Honey said.
Hermione turned her gaze to Draco for a split second and then fast turned back to Honey.
‘I’m fine.’ Hermione said.
‘It is good to see Miss Granger again, Honey has been missing Miss Granger around here.’ Honey said.
‘Aw Honey, I’ve missed you too.’ Hermione said and she gave the elf a hug before Honey said she had to go further with her task and went away.
‘Honey’s so sweet.’ Hermione said.
‘Yeah honey is sweet.’  Draco agreed.
‘I meant her.’ Hermione said.
Draco chuckled. Hermione and Draco both finished their food and then got up.
‘Thank you all.’ Hermione said to all the house elves who were around.
They walked out of the kitchen and back up the stairs towards the portrait.
‘Time Turner.’ Draco said.
‘Did it work?’ Snape asked.
Draco widened his eyes and gave Snape a warning look.
‘Did what work?’ Hermione asked.
Snape opened the door and they walked in.
‘What was he talking about?’ Hermione asked.
‘Nothing.’ Draco said.
‘Come on tell me.’ Hermione said.
‘No, it’s nothing.’ Draco said.
‘Sure it was.’ Hermione said smirking.
‘That’s why you don’t want to tell me.’ Hermione said.
‘Please tell me.’ Hermione said.
‘Pleeeaaassseeeee.’
‘He was talking about something I had to do.’ Draco said.
‘And what is that?’
Draco remained quiet.
‘What is it?’ Hermione asked.
‘I’m looking for the Time Turner.’ Draco said.
‘Why?’ Hermione asked.
‘Because I need it.’ Draco said.
Hermione frowned.
‘Why?’ She asked again.
‘Because I want to take you back in time, to show you a few moments, I was hoping you maybe would remember everything then.’ Draco explained.
Hermione looked like she was taking everything in consideration and then she looked back at Draco.
‘Draco, but what if it doesn’t work?’ Hermione asked.
‘We can always try.’ Draco said.
‘But you’ll be disappointed if it won’t work.’ Hermione said.
‘I can take it.’ Draco said.
Hermione looked up at him.
‘Please just let me try this.’ Draco said.
Hermione bit her bottom lip and then raised her hand grabbing a golden chain that was around her neck and hidden behind her shirt, she pulled it up and there was the Time Turner.

A/N:

What will happen next? Will Draco be disappointed? Or will his plan work?
FINALLY I'VE FINISHED THIS CHAPTER! Oh my gosh I didn't have any inspiration so I hope that this chapter did come out right :/
Hope you'll enjoy it and I'll fast go further on the next chapter and the chapters of the other stories :) I'll try to update as soon as possible WHOEHOEEEEH

xxc