you get a little and its never enough (richie sambora)

Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi

Robbie Monroe knew she was beautiful, not in you're typical, stuck up, valley girl kind-of-way, but she certainly knew that she was beautiful, and she knew the effect she had on men. With her choppy black hair that fell just below her shoulders, her big coy emerald eyes and a killer body, she knew she was every man's wet dream, but it hadn't always been that way for Robbie.

Growing up in the suburbs of california, she had been far from the beauty standard. Her curvy and full body was not the stick thin playboy bunny physique she was surrounded with, her short jet black hair was a far cry from the flowing blonde locks that all of LA desired, and her overall alternative look was often looked down upon. And the day she got her eyebrow pierced, well I think just about all the girls of california had a heart attack. But that was the way she liked it.

Robbie never planned to be famous either. She was happy to become a lawyer, or a doctor, or work a regular 9-5, fame had just kind of fallen upon her.

She had spent her late teens working in a coyote-ugly-style bar, paying for her college tuition and allowing her to stay close to home.
But by the nature of working on sunset strip, and her general lifestyle, she was entirely unfazed by so-called rockstars. She'd grown up with many men who became some of the most famous rockstars of her generation. She'd smoked weed for the first time in a parking lot of melrose with slash, then Saul, of guns n roses. James Hetfield of Metallica had taken her to her first ever gig at the Whiskey (Sabbath in '79, just before Ozzy was kicked out). And none other than Tommy Lee had been her date to her first school dance. So no, Robbie was unbothered and apathetic when it came to 'rockstars'. They were just normal people too, something which many seemed to forget.

So when a young, doe-eyed Jon Bonjovi had begged and begged her to star in their new video, who was she to say no. For Robbie, she thought of this as another silly big haired band that would be washed up by the end of the year, and she thought it would be hilarious to feature in one of their videos, and what a story to tell her children. Little did she know, some stupid song about love and sex would make her one of the most famous women of the rock scene and change her life forever.

After being the star of Bon Jovi's 'You give love a bad name', which had done surprisingly well on MTV, every man in the world seemed to suddenly gain consciousness. Long gone were the dreams of blonde, air-headed movie stars, all anyone wanted was her. And whilst Robbie was not one to complain about her new found male attention, she was already spoken for.

See the main reason she'd agreed to be on the video, was a certain fluffy haired guitarist. After weeks of Jon hassling her to be in his video, it was Richie Sambora who finally convinced her. One sly smirk and a quick peck on the cheek, and she was putty in his hands. Was she proud of this? No. She prided herself on not falling for slutty rockstars, but to her, he was the most perfect man she'd ever seen, and decided to let it slide just this once. Oh how naïve she had been.

What Robbie thought would be just another one night hook-up, had developed into years of an on-again, of-again whirlwind romance. Whilst Robbie stared in dozens of movies and music videos, Richie flew all over the world, performing to sold out crowds weekly. But every-time they'd find themselves in the vicinity of one another, they were inseparable. No matter if the two of them were 'officially' seeing other people, it was like they couldn't stop themselves from being with one another. She'd see him across the room, at another boring record party with her latest boyfriend, but within minutes, they'd be straight out the door with eachother. Or Richie would be visiting one of his girlfriends on a set of her film, still managing to sneak into Robbie's dressing room and reacquaint themselves.

But despite the undeniable feelings on both ends, neither of them were willing to make it official. Convincing themselves that it would never work, or that one of them would cheat, or that they would never see eachother, and that none of that was worth ruining the good thing they had going. But although they maintained the premise of a 'no-strings-attached' casual hookup, it was the realest thing either of them had ever known. Those cold nights, after hours of partying, where they would fall asleep tangled together, whispering sweet words to one another, laughing softly, we're anything but casual.

Yet their secret, 'casual' affair, was about to become all too real.

Following Bon Jovi's best selling album, 'New Jersey', Richie had spent almost a year on the road, and whilst he tried his best to keep in contact with Robbie, the distance had become unbearable. Robbie deciding once and for all, that she was done playing games with Richie. She was tired of never feeling fully satisfied and always coming back for more. Tired of sleepless nights wishing she was in his arms. And tired of hoping and praying that he'd be at one of the crazy parties she'd throw, ready to sweep her of her feet and make her his girl.

Robbie had allowed herself to fall in love, or what she thought was love, in reality she was just settling, knowing she could never have what she truly wanted. Her latest boyfriend being none other than movie star, Christian Slater. Although their relationship was nice enough, he took her on dates and bought her nice jewellery, it lacked a real spark. They both knew that they were cheating on one another, but the both of them were too passive to confront the root of the issue. So when Robbie had finally worked up the courage to have a much needed conversation, she was horrified to hear he'd made their relationship public. Announcing her as 'his girl' in some stupid TV interview, that was aired all over the country.

Much to Robbie's dismay, there was nothing she could do, she couldn't sit there, pretending they were some happy couple, but she couldn't call up Richie either, screaming, crying and telling him it was all a lie, because why should she. She meant nothing to him, just another notch on his belt, she'd become one of the girls she'd always despised, famous, stupid, and head over heals for a rockstar.

So when her 'boyfriend' announced that for their 6 month anniversary, her would be taking her too see Bon Jovi live, she was less than thrilled. Christian had been perplexed by her disinterest with his present, he knew how much she loved Bon Jovi, always playing their music around the house, he was sure it would get him laid. But just how wrong could he have been.

When the time finally came, Robbie decided she was going to pull out all the stops, making Richie truly see what he was missing. She assumed that by now, he would be well aware of her new beau. She dressed herself in a tight black dress and thin fishnets that highlighted every curve of her body, she applied her dark red lipstick, and let her hair flow free, just the way she knew Richie liked.

When the couple arrived at the show, she hadn't expected to be greeted with such a warm welcome. It seemed that her boyfriend had been all to happy to let everyone on the tour know that they would be attending the show, everyone who knew all about her and Richie. Jon and Dave threw their arms around their friend, whistling at her attire, and making polite conversation with her boyfriend, Richie was no where to be seen.

Robbie stood proudly at the side of the stage, her heart melting at every song, wishing they were written about her. She smiled widely at the boys anytime she caught their eyes, screaming every lyric back to them, as her boyfriend tried to subtly steal looks at the groupies hovering around. But Robbie was paying no mind to him, as the concert came closer and closer to the end, she felt her heart droop, as Richie made no effort to interact with her, he had to know she was there, maybe he just didn't care.

As Jon finished their hit 'Livin On A Prayer', the crowd went wild, as Richie approached the mic,
'Now this last song,' His breathing heavy and chest sweaty, a blush crawling up Robbie's neck from fond memories, 'I wrote for a girl a long time ago.'

The crowd continued to roar around them, as Robbie's heart broke just a little bit more, at the thought of him writing a song for another girl.

'You know the kinda girl you just can't get outta ya head, you find yourself always comin' back for more.' He winked at the audience, who continued to cheer hysterically.

'And the girl I wrote this song for, is pretty well know around here,' He took a dramatic pause, as he smirked smugly, 'She's known for giving love a bad name.'

With that Richie winked slyly, as the crowd went absolutely crazy, no one being able to deny who he was talking about. Robbie Monroe. He was singing about her. Writing about her.

'And one day, with all your help, im gunna make her my girl.' Robbie's heart actually stopped beating, she could faintly here confused shouts from her boyfriend, but she was too busy staring at Richie, who was staring right back at her, as he sung the words to 'Bad Medicine.'

He was singing to her, he wanted her, and the smug smile on his face told her that he was damn sure going to get what he wanted.