16 - [ 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐊𝐎𝐔! ]

As Teru guided you down the stairs with a hand wrapped around your waist still, it was completely silent. None of you spoke, it was eerily quiet in the stairwell except for the footsteps of yours, Teru's and Kous.

     You could only imagine how Kou is feeling right now so you looked behind you once you got on a flat platform for a quick glance and Kou was looking down and had a nervous frown while his hands were balled into a fist. He admired his brother deeply and he could only guess that he wanted to talk because of what happened with Hanako.

     Although your opinion on Teru has changed since the talk in your bedroom, he can still be scary and strict at times and you hopes he wouldn't be too hard on Kou.

     Teru turned once we reached the first floor and leaned against the wall of the staircase, still holding onto you. You leaned against his shoulder slightly as Kou faced the two of you, more so Teru, nervously at what he was going to say

     You looked at Teru and he looked completely stoic, not a smile or a shine in his eyes in sight. A shadow was casted over his eyes and it made his figure seem even scarier. The lighting didn't help at all as well, it was dark expect for a hanging light on the ceiling—but it didn't do much to help light up the place.

     There was a tension until Teru spoke up, "What do you think you're doing, Kou? You're supposed to exorcise the Seven Wonders as soon as you find them... right?" He said with furrowed brows and a frown and his hold on your waist tightened.

     Kou, who was standing straight with his arms on his side nervously, looked down sadly. He didn't have anything to say back and you looked at him in concern.

     Teru continued after some time when Kou didn't say anything, "I've tolerated them this far because they weren't fetal harm to students." He admitted "But lately, I've noticed a change in these pesky apparitions. The Seven Wonders are the most powerful which also makes them the most dangerous. I think we'd be smart to cut them off while we can." You looked at him with mouth slightly agape in shock.

     Kou flinched at his words but quickly composed himself "Yeah but, it seem like Hanako hadn't been doing the things that normal jerk apparition usually do." He murmured, defending them. "It still pissed me off that he hangs out in the girls bathroom but he's not hurting anyone. He's actually helped me and the other students a lot." He said with a small smile and blush in thought. "Maybe he's changed...?"

     Teru scoffed, and you had a feeling what he was going to say so you brought up your right hand near your face, awaiting his next words. "Don't even. There is no such thing as a good apparition, Kou." You looked at Teru in worry, he didn't even look pissed off, just emotionless.

     "I know, but he's..." Kou looked to the side, going back to a nervous state.

     "You know what Hanako has done in the past, and now he's been stalking [Y/N] in the hallways." He said coldly and his hold on your waist tightened as he brought you closer to him, near his chest."

    Kou stammered incoherent words at that, in shock, you looked at him worried, I guess he had no idea.

     But before Kou could answer, Teru spoke again, "I let you take the lead on this because I hoped it would help you grow as an exorcist." He confessed and turned away from him and rubbed your waist to hopefully calm himself down "But it looks like I was wrong" he said disappointingly and began walking slow steps and you let out a gasp at his words at how he can say such a thing to his brother. "Do me a favor and stay away from the Seven Wonders. I'll take care of it from here on out." He stopped in his steps.

     Kou came back to his senses after processing and grabbed onto his shoulder "Wait! Just give me some more time!" He looked at Teru desperately and Teru gave him an awkward smile.