PART ZERO

It was complete and utter chaos. Everyone was freaking out, screaming and collecting their young. Starfire watched from her balcony in horror. This couldn't really be happening?

It was happening, though, right in front of her eyes and there was nothing she could do to stop it. The princess looked up to the horizon where the alien ships were clearly visible. She ran a hand through her red hair, cursing. The fact that this was actually happening baffled her. What was she supposed to do? There were hundreds of army ships flying towards them and Starfire really didn't make the best decisions under pressure.

The guards near the door of the balcony she was watching from opened the door, each taking her hand and pulling her away. "This way princess," they said in unison, freaking out the princess even more. It was unnatural to be that similar, and in some cases (such as this), downright freaky.

"Where are we going?" she asked, frowning slightly.

"Galfore wants you," one of the guards replied, shrugging. Galfore was the Grand Ruler of Tamaran and had taken care of Starfire when she was a child. She had grown very fond of him, after all, without him her life would have been horrible. The door opened to his chamber and she rushed in.

"Ahh," the large Tamaranen turned around smiling warmly at her, "Starfire..."

"Y-y-yeah?" She couldn't help but stutter, especially with everything going on and her impending death.

"As you know the aliens are attacking," Galfore said, walking up and down the long corridor. Starfire bit her tongue, not wanting to point out that he had said the bleeding obvious. She trailed after him, wanting to know what he was about to say.

"And for you safety," Galfore stopped, looking at her seriously, "You're going to fly away to a planet that you think is safe!"

"Wait... what?" Starfire blinked serval times, taking what he said into consideration.

"I want you to get into a pod and fly to a safe planet," Galfore said in a tone that leads Starfire to believe that he was serious about this. She nodded, knowing that when he was in a mood like this it was best not to argue.

"I'll miss you," she said, tears threatening to break through.

"It's for your safety," Galore whispered, kissing the top of her head as she hugged him, "For you safety."

note;

okay so tada. i just wanted to give you a bit of background on starfire's life before. i'm sorry this kinda sucked :P the first chapter should be up soon.

thankyou to -minimumwage for editing :-)