PART SIX

Starfire fiddled with the pencils on her desk as Coach Finstock paced around the class room talking rapidly and waving his arms around. Starfire had tuned out and was focusing on rearranging her pencil case.

"Starfire!" He snapped standing in front of her desk and raising an eyebrow, "Where you even listening,"

She stared at him blankly for a few seconds, "Yes?". Coach Finstock rolled his eyes walking back to the front of the class. Starfire decided it would be better for her to at least pretend to be paying attention. As she watched him pass around the class she wondered about the werewolves. Where there other supernatural creatures? Maybe there was even vampires. She shivered at the thought, she didn't know much about them but decided it might be better if they didn't exist.

"Now what are the two principles the market is based on?" Couch Finstock asked clapping his hands together and looking at the class. Starfire frowned, she knew none of this. She slid down in her seat hoping he wouldn't choose her. Next to her Scott raised his hand.

Couch Finstock rolled his eyes, "Yes McCall you can go to the toilet,"

"Actually Coach I know the answer," Scott said lowering his hand. In response Coach Finstock laughed shaking his head wiping tears out of his eyes. He looked back at Scott noticing that he was dead serious.

"You do?" He raised an eyebrow still in shock.

"Yes," Scott persisted "It's Risk and Reward".

Coach Finstock stood in silence. Starfire, who had no clue what the answer was, tilted her head trying to work out if he was stunned by Scott's brilliance or stupidity.

"That's actually correct," Coach Finstock said in a stunned voice. He started to grin walking up to the front of the class and clapping his hands together again, yet another gesture Starfire didn't understand.

"Good job McCall," He said shaking his head still smiling. Scott glanced over to Starfire and she gave him a thumbs up grinning. "Now does anyone have a quarter?" he asked.

"I DO!" Stiles shouted shoving his hand into his pocket trying to find it. He pulled something out accidentally dropping it onto the floor. Starfire who was closest to him leant forward and read it.

"Extra, extra large?" She read allowed as she stared at the condom packet on the ground. "I don't get it," she turned to Scott, "What does it mean?". Scott didn't answer and instead was dissolving into laughter his face going red. Coach Finstock picked it up looking at it then glancing at Stiles, who looked like he wanted to sink into the floor.

"Congratulations," he said shaking his head handing back to him and walking back to his desk mumbling something about getting gray hairs before he was forty. Starfire frowned still not knowing what that thing was but deciding no one would tell her.

"Okay," Coach Finstock shook his head before walking up and down the aisle's flipping a coin he'd pulled out of his wallet. "Where playing an old drinking game called quarters which will explain the risk and reward principle for anyone who doesn't know it, if you take the risk and successfully land the quarter in the cup you won't have to take a pop quiz,"

"Uh... Couch?" A boy called out, Starfire was quite certain his name was Danny, "If we know about it then its not much of a Pop Quiz,"

Couch Finstock rolled his eyes "I'm aware of that Danny,"

"Were you though?" Starfire asked not filtering what she was about to say. The class exploded into laughter. Starfire didn't find it very funny but enjoyed the attention.

Couch Finstock shook his head, "Very funny Starfire. It's Starfire isn't it?" he asked in response she nodded. This lead him to shake his head yet again mumbling something along the lines of 'kids names these days are getting weirder,'. He clapped his hands once again,

"McCall," He said standing in front of Scott's desk, " Are you in or are you out?

Scott was staring at the cup. Starfire was quite sure that with his werewolf powers it would be almost impossible for him to fail. Then again he might put to much energy into the throw then he'd miss it by a long shot.

"But," Coach Finstock said holding up a finger stopping Scott from saying anything thing "If you fail you'll have to take the quiz and write an essay while if you succeed there will be no extra work..." As he said that a memories interrupted into the class. Everyone liked the sound of no extra work. "There is also a third option which not to play at all! Know think about everything you know about yourself, your abilities, past experiences and then use that information to decide if the risk is worth it,"

Coach then explains that everything Scott knows about himself, his abilities and his past experiences should inform his decision and determine if the risk is worth it.

Scott was silent calculating for a few minutes, "I'll pass,"

"Your loss," Coach Finstock sighed, "Who wants to go?"

"Meeeeeeee," Stile's called out sticking his hand into the air and waving it avidly. Coach Finstock flipped the coin over to him and motioned for him to come forward. Stiles grinned, winking at Starfire and mouthing, 'watch this'. He held up the coin getting ready to throw it when there was a knock on the door. It opened and a man walked in. He was the sheriff of Beacon Hills and Starfire was quite sure he was also Stile's father.

"Stiles," He beckoned him closer, "I need to talk to you,"

"B-b-b-ut," Stiles motioned towards himself and then the cup. "Fine," he groaned flipping the coin over to Starfire and walking out the door. "I volunteer her has tribute,"

Starfire shrugged picking up and coin and walking up in front of the class. She looked thoughtfully at the cup then back at the coin before flicking it straight into the cup.

Couch Finstock stared at her blankly, 'I've only ever seen two other students get that and not on their first try," Starfire smiled vaguely at him before sitting down. Scott was staring at her with an eyebrow raised. "You didn't seem nervous in the slightest," He commented after a few seconds.

"We both know there were no risks in that one, only rewards," Starfire shrugged smiling knowingly at Scott.

"You totally rigged that," Scott accused rolling his eyes and smiling at her slightly.

"Using my abilities is not cheating," She laughed, "I did exactly what Couch said,". Scott laughed lightly shaking his head as Starfire watched another kid attempt the game. She quite liked the idea of Risk and Reward.