08'

Chicago 📍

"When you coming back to see me?" My dad spoke on the phone as I walked inside my apartment, I had just dropped Keira off at school

"When you coming back to see me?" My dad spoke on the phone as I walked inside my apartment, I had just dropped Keira off at school. "Well, I have no classes until next November, and it's currently April, Keira gets out of school in the middle of may so I'm guessing the start of June." I said as I placed my keys on the coffee table and walked towards my bedroom. "Bringing any boy I should know about?" He asked looking closely into the camera.

"Back up nigga." I laughed as he started laughing. "Answer his question." I heard my cousin in the background. "No im not bringing any one but me and Keira." I said. "You need to find a man." Jojo said walking out the guest room and into my room. "I'll find one when you leave Mya alone." I said setting the phone up as I started to put my hair in a bun, I was meeting up with KJ, Layla and Teeski to go to mall. "You put your hair ina bun and yo head gone look bigger." JoJo said as my dad started laughing.

"He been on yo head ever since yo mama brought you home from the hospital." My dad said thinking about old times. "Here his ass go." JoJo said. "I remember... it went like this."

FLASHBACK

"Kalvin, I don't trust the car seat. I'll walk home with my baby." Monica spoke. "Monica put my damn baby in the car and get in, you just gave birth." He said holding his hand over his head. "I don't trust it, I don't want to, I'm walking." Monica looked at him. "Monica put her in the damn car and let's go!" Kalvin yelled, making Monica flinch, she then put Young Kalaisa into the car seat, strapping her in and shutting the back door. "Don't fucking listen, then wonder why I spazz." Kalvin said as Monica got in the passenger seat.

"Sorry, I just didn't trust it." Monica as they pulled out the hospital parking lot. "So now you don't trust me?" He asked her as they made a left towards a stop sign. "I never said that Kalvin." She sighed as she knew what was going to happen if she didn't correct him and let him believe what he wants. "What the fuck are you saying then?" He said getting loud as Kalaisa started to cry. "Please stop yelling, you're scaring her." Monica spoke as she reached being the seat, reassuring Kalaisa that everything was okay.

"Answer my question Monica." Her father spoke. "I'm saying that I didn't trust the seat." Monica explained as they made a right. "I put the damn seat, so you saying you don't fucking trust me." Kalvin said as he pulled up to their small home in the hood, everyone was waiting outside for baby Kalaisa to come home. "Kalvin please don't do this right now." Monica begged as they pulled into the driveway. "I'll handle yo ass later." He spoke as he turned of the car and got out. He walked to the other side and opened the door for Monica, helping her out the car.

"Mommy!" JoJo came running out the house. "We missed you!" Kay said as both the young boys approached the car. "Hey guys, don't leave the front door open!" Grandma Sheila said as she walked to the front door. "My grand baby is home!" She yelled as she did a little run to the car. Monica grabbed Kalaisa out the car as everyone looked at her. "Aht!" Kalvin popped JoJo hand. "Hand sanitizer first!" He spoke as they all walked inside. "I don't even wanna touch her, her head big anyway." He said skipping inside the house as they started laughing. That was the laugh Monica needed.

FLASHBACK OVER

Her father explained the story without telling her the part before they got home & got out the car. "K3 was on her head bad though." JoJo said laughing. "What did he say?" I looked at him confused as I started to add Kavion to the call, Kavion was JoJo's brother from his dad's side that our mom took in after his dad passed away. "Yo!" K3 spoke as he joined the FaceTime call. "Kavion, you used to talk about my head size?" I asked him as they all bussed out laughing.

Chicago 📍

"Dan Dan!" My younger niece/sister came running through my front door

"Dan Dan!" My younger niece/sister came running through my front door. "imma take my key from yo mama." I shook my head as she went immediately towards the kitchen for a snack. "Hey hey!" My sister Savannah came through the door. "I gave you a key fo' emergency reasons." I looked at her. "This is an emergency, I gotta call today." She said as she sat on the couch. "From?" I asked as I looked around the corner to make sure Mya was in my room before I lit the blunt.

"Aunt Samara, she said that our mother is trying to take full custody over Mya." She explained. "ain't no judge giving a 5 year old to a retired crackhead." I spoke not really feeling like I had shit to worry about. "I'm scared." She said as she had a hurt look in her eyes. "Remember when..."

Flashback

"Teresa, feed my damn child!" Derrick yelled as he listened to young Daniel's stomach rumble. "Can't you help, it's two kids and two of us!" She yelled back. "Can you guys stop yelling please?" Young Savannah asked the two adults. "Savannah, I'll bring dinner to your room, please just go." Teresa said in a calm voice as Savannah nodded, walking to her room with her head down. "Woman of the house and can't do shit right!" Derrick mumbled. "Excuse me?" Teresa looked at him. "You heard me clearly bitch, don't even know why I married you." He said shaking his head.

"Then leave!" She yelled. "This is my shit!" He snapped back as young Daniel watched his parents argue, tears rolled down his face. "Then I'll take my children and go!" She said. "Yall ain't going no where!" He yelled back. "Make your mind up dummy, you wanna be with me or not!" She yelled back. Just then, Derrick punched Teresa, making her fall to the floor as he walked towards their bedroom. "Mommy!" Daniel yelled as tears fell, he ran over to her. "I'm alright, I promise." She said sitting up slowly.

"Just take you and your sisters plate, head to y'all room and lock the door." She said, as Daniel listened to his mother closely, he took the plates, taking them to the room and locking the door after giving his sister her dinner. Teresa pulled her body off the floor, looking in the hallway mirror at the big bruise around her eye. She walked quietly towards the basement door, opening quietly and going inside, locking the door. She walked over to the stash she had, she was 5 years clean but always kept it in case of emergency.

She sat at the table, pouring a little of the white substance onto her finger. Putting her hand closer to her nose, she sniffed the white substance into her body, instantly taking effect.