Chapter 10

| Luke |

December 28th.

I was at Kian's house playing video games when I got a text from April.

"Hey babe, I was just wondering if, when you're done at Kian's house, you could pass by. My dad's home and he wants to meet you at dinner so, if you can, tell me when you're on your way xx"

Kian saw that I was distracted and stopped the game.

"So, she forgave you?" He asked, like he already knew the answer.

"What?" I asked, looking at him, confused.

"Well you know, seeing as you made a bet over her and everything. I wouldn't have expected her to forgive you but congrats man." Kian said.

The bet. My eyes widened. I had forgotten about that stupid bet. I started laughing nervously, "Well, actually -"

Kian started shaking his head, "Dude, you have to tell her you know."

I sighed, "I know, but I love her so much and if I tell her that the only reason I went out with her was because of a stupid bet it'll break her. I was happy being only friends with you guys, why did I ever accept that stupid, life-ruining bet." I said, pulling at my hair, getting more and more frustrated with myself.

"So, you wouldn't have asked her out if we hadn't made that bet?" Kian asked, curious.

I thought about it and remembered the first time I saw her:

She walked into school and the world stopped. I remember her hair, parted at the middle and going down in waves. She seemed nervous and was playing with her hands. I remember thinking, "Who is she?"

Love at first sight doesn't exist. I knew that. It was infatuation at first sight. It was also familiarity, as if I already knew her and knew that whatever the cost or the circumstance, we'd end up together. I want her today, tomorrow, next week and for the rest of my life. I never want to give her up. She's my world and everything seems brighter with her. Colors, the sky, even the little things seem easier and nicer.

But now, it seemed that it was going to end. I couldn't lie to her anymore.

Kian snapped his fingers and I zoned back in, "So?" he asked.

I thought about it, remembering the smile she gave me when I told her I loved her back in October, "Yes. A hundred times, yes. I would've asked her out even if you hadn't dared me to. She's worth it. She's amazing." I said, not thinking twice about what I said.

Kian clenched his jaw and said, "Look, I know you love her and care about her, but you can't lie anymore. Let's forget about the bet, it was childish and stupid. Listen, New Year's Eve: I'm having a party, and you have to tell her then. That way, you both can start fresh next year. Even if it's not together, you understand man?"

I nodded. I knew it was the right thing to do, even if I'd lose her forever.

I went home and called her immediately:

"Rivers!" She said excited, she always called me that.

"Hey babe," I said smiling absentmindedly.

"Did you get my text?"

"Yeah, I did. Are you sure that you want me to meet him? He can easily crush my bones." I said, knowing he probably would in 4 days.

"Luke, he's my father. Come on! This means a lot to me. Please," she said begging me to come.

I started fidgeting but said yes anyway. I wouldn't be able to get out of this anyway. I started to get ready since I wanted to be presentable in front of her father. Who is in the military. Who has guns. Who knows how to kill me just by looking at me.

Oh boy...

*

"Luke!" April's mother exclaimed when she opened the door. She gave me a hug and asked me how I was.

Behind her was Cameron who greeted me by shaking my hand and pulling me into a hug like the guys we are, and after was April who I just hugged and kissed her forehead not wanting to kiss her in front of her dad.

And then there was her dad, April looked a lot like him. I saw her in him.

"Hello, you must be Luke." He said holding out his hand for me to shake.

"Yes, I am. You must be April's dad, it's nice to meet you sir." I said nervous, while taking out my hand and shaking his.

"Call me Brendan." He said smiling.

"Okay, well I suggest we all eat. You must be starving, Luke!" April's mother said. She always thought I was hungry, even after finishing a huge meal, she offered more food.

I nodded and we went to sit around the table that was filled with food. Cameron was already putting food on his plate.

"So Luke, what are your plans with my daughter?" he said, looking at me sternly.

I cleared my throat and started, "Well sir, I love your daughter. And I want to make her happy. I plan to make her days a little better, to always be there if she needs me and to love her unconditionally. Now, I know we're still young, but I hope that one day I'll be able to call her my wife."

It was all true, not one word was untrue. I looked at April who had tears in her eyes and smiled at me. I looked at her dad, and he smiled happy with my answer.

"Well, as long as she's happy with you. You have my blessing." He said smiling.

I grinned. "But that doesn't mean you're getting married any time soon, young man. She has to go to college, alright? And I'm still going to keep an eye on you, just so you know." He said serious.

My eyes widened and I nodded my head quickly.

We ate dinner while April's dad asked me more questions about myself, like my grades and my parents. The normal stuff I guess.

After the dinner, it was time for me to leave. April walked me to my car and said,

"Luke, thank you. Honestly thank you for coming over tonight, it meant a lot to me. Seeing my boyfriend and my dad bond is unreal. And all that stuff you said about me, is it true?"

I smiled, "Of course it is. I want you to be forever mine. I don't see a future, where there isn't you in it. I love you April."

She blushed and was about to cry, "I love you too Luke. And I can't wait to spend my whole life with you. Even if we're only going to be able to get married in 4 years." She said laughing.

I grabbed her waist and leaned in to kiss her. Wanting to savor any minute I still had left with her. She was my all.

After we parted, I kissed her forehead and hugged her. I then went into my car and said goodbye.

I was in deep shit.

A/N:

The gif has nothing to do with the chapter itself, I just thought it was cute.

Ugh I'm lonely.

Anyway hope you enjoyed!

- Alya xx