Chapter 11

| April |

10:15pm

New Year's Eve.

Lauri was at my house and we were getting ready for the party at her house this evening.

She and Jake had started dating, something nobody has expected and she was happier than I've ever seen her!

I mean the girl blushes when I say his name. It's adorable.

Although every time I'd tease her about it, she'd talk about Luke and then I'd become redder than a tomato.

Luke. I'm acting like a love struck teenager but honestly he made so happy.

"Hey, what do you think of this one?" Lauri came out of my bathroom wearing a dark blue dress.

"Hmm," I thought out loud, "it's pretty but I like the red dress better, it suits you more!" I said now turning my attention to my closet. I had no idea what to wear. I didn't want to wear a dress because it was pretty cold outside, even if it was New Year's. No efing way I was about to freeze to death just to look pretty.

"Okay, I'll go put it on then." She said going back into the bathroom to change.

I finally decided on wearing my black skinny jeans, with my burgundy doc martens, and my white lace-y top. I then left my hair wavy and put on makeup which consisted of concealer, powder, gold eyeshadow, black eyeliner and red lipstick.

Lauri came out of the bathroom and asked me if I liked it. "You look stunning dude! Jake will be drooling all over you." I said giving her a wink and wiggling my eyebrows.

Lauri blushed and then looked me up and down and said, "damn, I like it! It's dressy but still casual. It looks amazing on you!"

I smiled, "thank youuu," I said dragging out the 'u'.

Once Lauri finished getting ready, we went out of the house and into my car to go to her house.

While in the car, we kept on screaming all the songs that came on the radio while laughing.

We got to her house, which was already pretty packed, and parked the car.

Once I got out, I saw Luke waiting by the door. I ran up to him and gave him a hug.

"Heyy," I said, my arms around his neck.

He chuckled at my clinginess, "hey baby girl," he said sweetly.

I let go and pecked him on the lips. We got in and were immediately blasted by the loud music. People everywhere were trying to imitate popular dance moves, some were drunker than ever, others were making out like there was no tomorrow and some were simply having a good time.

I could already feel myself getting more and more pumped for this party.

I dragged Luke with me to the dance floor, and put my arms around his neck just swaying to the song that was playing.

Luke seemed preoccupied, like something was bothering him.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, my voice filled with concern.

He looked at me and bit his lip, " nothing don't worry," he said giving me a small smile.

My eyebrows furrowed. Why was he lying?

"Luke what's going on? Is it your parents? Angelica? What's wrong?" I rambled, wanting to pinpoint why he was acting so weird.

11:27pm

He looked at me nervously, " I have to tell you something," he said. I could feel his hands on my waist getting a bit sweaty.

I nodded slowly and detached myself from him. I grabbed his hand and tried to get passed all of these people. I led him outside where there was a bench. We sat down and I looked at him expectedly.

He grabbed my hands, "Before I tell you, I want you to know that I fell for you hard April, I've never felt like this before. You have to understand that, okay? After I've told you everything, you'll hate me. And I just need you to know that I never expected to fall this hard for you, or at all. I - I just - I'm so sorry." He said, his voice shaking.

"Luke, what did you do? Why would I hate you?" I said completely confused.

11:35pm

"April, the first day I saw you, I was awestruck. I thought you were beautiful. And Kian noticed. So him, Jake, Sam and Nick made a bet. I had to make you fall in love with me by December. If I did, I'd be popular. And I thought 'Why the hell not? She's beautiful and if she falls for me I'll be popular and have a girlfriend.' To be honest, I was completely stupid and an idiot. And I'm so sorry April, you have to understand -" he kept on talking but I zoned out. I couldn't think straight anymore.

The one person I trusted more than anybody, the one I loved more than I loved myself had completely toyed with me.

"I was a bet?!" I screamed, looking at him straight in the eyes, my eyes filling up with tears, "that's all I ever was to you right? Just a stupid bet! I don't care if you love me, you know why? Because, congratu-fucking-lations Luke Rivers, you broke me. You lied to me! When you promised you never would, when you promised you'd always tell me the truth and love me forever. Ha! That must have been hilarious, right? Watching me fall more and more in love with you and you not feeling a thing. Falling in love with you was the worst mistake I ever made. I don't ever want to see you again." I said storming off.

He didn't follow. I wasn't expecting him to.

How could he? How does one even think that playing with someone's emotions is okay? How?

11:55pm

I couldn't stay at the party anymore, It was suffocating me. I shook my head. How could I have been so stupid? 

I went to my car and texted Lauri saying I was leaving.

I arrived home and parked my car. I sat in the driver's seat crying on the steering wheel.

It felt as if the world had crashed down on me. I hated Luke, more than anything. He made me believe in love again. 

"I'm such a fucking idiot," I said laughing at myself. 

12:00am

I glanced at the clock and whispered, "Happy New Year to me." 

A/N: 

There you go! I'm sorry I haven't been writing, I'm staying at my best friend's house in Turkey so I had to spend time with her but yeah. 

Anyways there is only 2 more chapters and an epilogue left until this story is over!

Please vote and comment! 

- Alya xx